Tomato??

mydogdory

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
A watched pot never boils.
Very true!! My watermelon plant wasn't growing at all! Didn't watch it for a week and it grew!! lol Maybe it's because it is growing but I don't notice because I looked at it so much. lol :)

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
I am the kind that plants seed, then runs out the next morning expecting to see sprouts! :lol: Tomatoes develop so S....L...O...W....

mydogdory

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
I am the kind that plants seed, then runs out the next morning expecting to see sprouts! :lol: Tomatoes develop so S....L...O...W....

How long does it take for a tomato to grow? Haha newb here lol

catjac1975

Garden Master
Reaction score
I ignore my tomatoes when I have big green fruit. Then when a big juicy red tomato appears I am ready for it. Otherwise I would pick it too soon in anticipation.

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
How long does it take for a tomato to grow? Haha newb here lol
I have a link to a photo timeline for a Big Beef, from flower bud to too ripe.

From flower opening to red - I think it was 53 days.

It does take so many days that one would need real focus to keep track of flower and fruit. One thing I've learned from life is that one day does follow another. There's no stopping it (unless you pull it off the plant). Cherries and some others must ripen more quickly . . .

Steve

hangin'witthepeeps

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
That is so awesome. I just stared at the ripe tomato on the vines, back and forth between the ripening pictures. It made me salivate and dream of BLT's.

Latest posts