Tomatoes for 2023

Zeedman

Garden Master
Reaction score
Although a past job position taught me to proof read everything pretty much automatically - and the computer highlights errors - I still miss things occasionally.

Thankfully, there is a 'edit' function... so I can "poof read", and make the mistake disappear. Mistake? What mistake? :rolleyes:

I once used a grammar checker, but we parted ways due to irreconcilable differences. :lol:

ducks4you

Garden Master
Reaction score
East Central IL, Was Zone 6, Now...maybe Zone 5
I text as an independent contractor and autocorrect changes my words ALL OF THE TIME!!! :mad:
Its different when I'm on my laptop, but I think everybody is getting used to mis spellings bc we can usually understand the meanings.
Our whole family are wordsmiths so we don't need a grammer check--
Me and my dog...
Sally and I...
Recur...
stuff like that.

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
:) Set out 3 tomato plants in pots at the foot of backsteps. This is a much more protected location than the distant garden altho I can hardly imagine that we will have freezing weather again.

They were ready to come out of their 3 1/2" pots and some of them just might go in the ground out yonder, tomorrow. I'll hold off on giving some away until we can see how they are doing with another NorthWest Heat-Dome setting in. Thankfully, it isn't supposed to be as extreme nor last as long as the last one in June-July 2021.

The 6-gallon pots were filled with 100% compost. Yes, I realize that they will not be able to gain full growth in that pot size but this approach has worked well enough in the past. More perennials are in pots these days and there wasn't much finished compost available. Altho I don't think it matters much, I scrounged. Three should be the maximum since so many will be in the ground in the Big Veggie Garden where they do better (but not a lot ;)), anyway.

Steve

Phaedra

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
I grew four varieties, 18 tomato plants this year. 9 among them start fruiting, and the other 9 are still young. I plan to root the suckers to multiply them.
347120350_553129860225031_4686969761854130760_n.jpg

GottaGo

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Being I can't eat read tomatoes due to acidity issues, this years choices were Dr Wyche yellow and Aces 55, along with the standard Early Girl for the Hubby. Somehow I missed the cherry type tomatoes, but we may get a couple volunteers in last year's tomato bed, currently occupied by broccoli (just about ready to harvest) and cabbage. And potatoes. Did I mention potatoes??

GottaGo

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Update on the tomato supply. Apparently, courtesy of squirrels, some of the cherry tomatoes from last year, found their way into the bed for bell peppers of this year, and we have a volunteer that's already about 6" high. There are more volunteers, but this is the biggest, and just happens to be place smack dab between the pepper plants...

Latest posts