Tomatos in my greenhouse

dickiebird

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Yes, by the time I figured they were here to stay they had gotten quite large!!!!
The car is a 1948 Ford Coupe, the dark colored truck is a 1941 Ford 1 ton p/up and the bit of red you can see between them is a 1940 Ford fire truck.
The previous owner of the fire truck lived in a small Ozark town and drove the truck to work every couple days. He would fill the 500 gal., on board water tank, from a city fire hydrant, and drive back home that evening and use it to water his garden. Saved wear and tear on his well pump.
All good things came to an end when the city figured out what he was doing!!!

THANX RICH

897tgigvib

Garden Master
Reaction score
Ha! Reminded me of yesterday when I twice filled my 10 cubic foot wagon behind my lawn tractor half full of lake water. Didn't lower the lake one microscopic bit!

I think it is so cool how old cars can be repurposed as vacant lot decorations. One place in hopland, that solar outfit, has some old edsils they have trees growing out of.

Things like Melons would do great growing on the hood of an old car where there would be plenty of hotness.

dickiebird

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
None of these are yard ornaments, the '48 has been sold and is being restored, the '41 p/u will be running by the end of summer and the fire truck is for sale.

THANX RICH

Latest posts