Topic idea

meriruka

Sprout
Reaction score
How about a topic on preserving your fruit, veggies & herbs? Maybe with a recipe section? Offer a prize for anyone who has a recipe for using 800 leftover zucchini. :lol:

Reinbeau

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I agree, I wanted a forum called Preserving the Harvest, where we could have topics on Canning, Freezing, Drying.....I'd rather have procedures and recipes all in one place.

meriruka

Sprout
Reaction score
That would be great! Miss Prissy over on BYC has us all making yoghurt, it'd be great to have some homemade preserves to put in it.

Backyard Buddies

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
Me too! I bought the Ball preserving book last spring with hopes learning how to do a bit of canning, but the neighborhood critters managed to deplete the extras I planned on canning. Sigh. Maybe this year. I never dreamed I'd be making my own yogurt, so I figure that I can also learn how to can.

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
How 'bout just a "harvest" topic?

Recipes and such without being limited to preserving.

Steve

Backyard Buddies

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
meriruka said:
Offer a prize for anyone who has a recipe for using 800 leftover zucchini. :lol:
:lol: I don't know about 800 of them, but one summer out of desperation I came up with a recipe for zucchini burritos. They were actually pretty good! Once Nifty gets the topic created, I'll be glad to add it if you all are willing to try it!

Reinbeau

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
digitS' said:
How 'bout just a "harvest" topic?

Recipes and such without being limited to preserving.

Steve
Well, it's not about harvesting, it's about preserving what we harvest. Do we really need a forum that tells us how to pluck an ear of corn, or gather green beans (that's harvesting) ;)

(sorry, I'm being a brat) :coolsun

Latest posts