Topsey Turvey!!

DawnSuiter

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
Thank you very much!
I'm rather pleased with them and I hope they will do well.
I do think they are large enough for at least 2 plants each, but wanted to keep it simple, so I went for a single tomato, 3 pickles (i expect to have to pinch one of those off but we'll see) & 2 bell peppers in them, respectively.

Thanks for the :clap I'm starting to feel like I stand a chance this year at a good harvest! :tools

tomatokate

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
Oh my gosh! The commercial for Topsy Turvy makes it look soooo good!

DawnSuiter

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
An update... almost 2 weeks later and they are all doing very well! Growing faster than anything in the ground is so far.

101_2945.JPG

and here's a closeup of the pickles:
101_2946.JPG

Yay! They are still trying to grow upwards though... I wonder if that'll be a problem.

dbjay417

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
I culled a plant a couple of days ago. the flowers shriveled and died on one side without producing fruit, the other side has two lil tomatoes, who are only slightly bigger than cherry tomatoes. and dont seem to be growing very much or very fast.

I am optimistic though that one plant will grow well in one gallon. Probably should not choose a large variety tomato though.

I'm going to try this nice supermarket tomato that has a pinkish flesh. Almost fuchsia, but more reddish than purple.

I have yet to try cucumbers or zucchini. I'll get to it though.

i tried that sack thing myself but it did not come out so well, because i used sandy soil.

It feels more like a punching bag.

vfem

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Ok, this what I've always wondered about this thing.... HOW do you keep it growing down, when most plants generally grow towards the light?! I mean, I have to move all my plants in the house in the windows by turning them... and they still move toward the window.

Wouldn't all plants hanging upside down eventually try to turn around and go up?!

desertgirl

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
That's what mine are doing. No matter what-they grow up and towards the sun. I have to keep turning them like I do my houseplants.

They are growing like mad,though...

Latest posts