Totally shocked

catjac1975

Garden Master
Reaction score
So now it has been 20 months since i posted all that. We tried all kinds of natural things and nothing worked. He has had different chemo, different radiation to his brain, even had radiation to his back, and he had immunotherapy and lately had gamma knife radiation again to a brain lesion, but yesterday and today we went to see results of CT scan of chest/abdomen/pelvis and his MRI of brain. MRI showed nothing new, but 2 lesions growing, but they had been treated, one a year ago and one in Nov. The doctors were confused, so they ordered a PET scan and nothing lit up and they said no cancer in his brain. I guess scar tissue forming on the lesions. He is on steroids for a month now to help with swelling. Well, he has not had any chemo or treatment for lung cancer since Oct. so we worried it was going to be bad, but very tiny enlargement of lung mass and nothing else new. He will start a new targeted therapy next week. I looked back on CT scans and the mass in his lung when I made this post and it was larger than 9 cm and there were 2 masses at one time and now it is only 3 cm x 2 cm or so. He is tired, thin and talks goofy sometimes but I think his brain is healing all of a sudden from all the radiation. I think the mass in his lung has been there 2 years at least before he was diagnosed. His blood work went back to normal now that he is away from chemo and now his sodium and potassium are better than it has been ever and only thing different is that fermented cabbage and kombucha tea. I don't know, but his birthday is in a couple weeks. I looked at his drivers license picture and he looked awful Feb. 2015, 3 months before he was diagnosed and 2 years later he is thin, tired, but really not in danger like before. He is in more of a chronic condition and he has a targeted therapy treatment that works well with what he has and he has another new medication he can use with a different targeted gene therapy if this treatment does not work.
Sounds like good news. God bless you both.

lcertuche

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Praise God prayer works. My brother had two different types of cancer, had two different types of chemo and is still alive 5 years later with no sign of cancer. He always said "I'm going to beat it" and refused to feel sorry or listen to anyone negative. The first time the doctors gave him weeks to live and the second time a few months. Now my sister in law (his wife) has lung cancer and it is all over her body, brain, bones, lungs, lymph nodes...She said the chemo is keeping her alive but that it's the best she can hope for.

Healthwise have you read "Eat to Live" by Joel Fuhrman. It is a good place to learn how to regain health through diet. It couldn't hurt to use a few of his ideas about eating.

God bless y'all and I'm happy your man is better these days.

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
Praise God prayer works. My brother had two different types of cancer, had two different types of chemo and is still alive 5 years later with no sign of cancer. He always said "I'm going to beat it" and refused to feel sorry or listen to anyone negative. The first time the doctors gave him weeks to live and the second time a few months. Now my sister in law (his wife) has lung cancer and it is all over her body, brain, bones, lungs, lymph nodes...She said the chemo is keeping her alive but that it's the best she can hope for.

Healthwise have you read "Eat to Live" by Joel Fuhrman. It is a good place to learn how to regain health through diet. It couldn't hurt to use a few of his ideas about eating.

God bless y'all and I'm happy your man is better these days.
I read this book a couple years ago. I loved it so much that I ordered 5 more to give to friends.

Mary

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
I am so glad to hear this good news. It has been a hard fight, you both are still fighting this disease, but at least there is now good news. I am praying for both of you.

Latest posts