trampoline chicken coop

bj taylor

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
i need a place to quarantine new birds, a place to house a broody & her babies, and a place for an injured or sick bird to live. my neighbor has a big trampoline in great shape that is sitting in a corner of his yard unused. i'm thinking i might try to buy this from him. i could wrap the sides in hardware cloth, put a hardware cloth apron around the perimeter on the outside & build some kind of nighttime roost & voila!
i have an out of the way place (it wouldn't look too pretty) & i could even string some chicken wire to keep the other chickens from getting too close (for quarantine purposes).
this morning dh made it plain ..." i'm NOT building another coop". so there you have it. i must invent ways and means.

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
Perfect! When you're not quarantining chickens you can play!

We had a trampoline for the kids, I think I had as much fun on it as they did.

897tgigvib

Garden Master
Reaction score
Yep, what CatJac said. dig a trench around it and sink that hardware cloth deep enough to stop the varmints. Concreted and deep would be ideal. I may do something like that to my garden one day.

desertlady

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
somewhere on another website someone is using one and its really nice. The only problem is you will have to crawl on your needs when you need to catch them ! :plbb

hoodat

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Bet your chickens would have a lot of fun on that trampoline. Love to see that. ;)