Tree of Enchantment

Reaction score
This is my grafted dwarf weeping pussy willow tree....

IMG_4373.jpg

IMG_4372.jpg

Some of the catkins are now blooming...

IMG_4701.jpg

IMG_4699.jpg

Does anyone else have one of these? What an ornamental little tree. I can't wait for the leaves to start growing...

: )

Chickie'sMomaInNH

Garden Master
Reaction score
i always thought they were pretty in our area. but then they came out with the weeping form which is even prettier! :D i would love to get one some year! it will have to wait though. wish i could join in with pics.

Greenthumb18

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
That's a nice weeping pussy willow you have there! :D I used to have a regular pussy willow but it just died for some reason. The catkins are nice to look at. There usually used by florists in arrangements.

vfem

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
I am honestly never seen one. Did you graft this tree of your own creation, or did you purchase it? Where did you get it if you did pick it out somewhere? I'm curious on how you grafted it if you did it?

I'm so intrigued!!! :p

lillie

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
So cool! My neighbor used to have a regular pussy willow. When I was a kid I was always just fascinated by it. I love the weeping form!

lesa

Garden Master
Reaction score
I have a regular one. My Mom's garden club was selling sticks that you could root. Super easy. It has really taken off, and I am hoping for catkins this year! I had to trim mine quite a bit last year and rooted a bunch of trimmings. I planted a few out in the chicken yard- so I might have more than one! I fell in love with the weeping one a few years ago- had to have it. Didn't make it to summer... I bought it in a grocery store- I should know better! Enjoy your beauty!

1iora

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
They're selling them at Trader Joe's right now! I'm tempted to buy one but my yard is so small...

cindy0702

Garden lurker
Reaction score
This is my grafted dwarf weeping pussy willow tree....

IMG_4373.jpg

IMG_4372.jpg

Some of the catkins are now blooming...

IMG_4701.jpg

IMG_4699.jpg

Does anyone else have one of these? What an ornamental little tree. I can't wait for the leaves to start growing...

: )[I don't know where to add my question. In January, I received a dwarf weeping pussy willow tree from my daughter but the information that came with it was not much of to it. When do I prune it? How do I prune it? Its about 18 inches from the dirt it was planted in the planter. When I just got it - it only had the catkins? (the little white things) but now it has greenery coming out of by the catkins? Help - I don't know much this dwarf tree and anything would be helpful. Thanks
cm m/quote]