Tricked truck trilogy

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
I have been waiting to see Nyboy's new truck in its coat of yellow and black. I was expecting it to be my fave relic-truck until today. . .

I stopped for the 7th or 8th (9th?) time at the hardware store today (I am go-ferring up a storm with this job) when I spotted a re-habbed 1950's truck with red flames running back from the front grill almost to the front wheel covers. The body itself was a vivid bumble bee yellow. Looked stunning!

The real eye opener was the lack of sides on the truck bed. Instead, there were two caskets. The gentleman carried his purchases to one of the caskets, opened a lid, and stored the bag inside. All I could think of was "WHERE IS MY CAMERA?" I so wanted to share it with you all.

It was so cool! I think I am in love!

Nyboy

Garden Master
Reaction score
My father is in to old cars. One day I stopped by my parents house, in the driveway was a black 1960s Cadillac. As I was walking around the car, I noticed the black seat and trunk where remove, to make a bed like a pick up truck. I was thinking why would someone try and make a Cadillac in to a pick up. Then it hit me, it was a flower car, it followed the Hearse to cemetery filled with the flowers.

Last edited:

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
My father is in to old cars. One day I stopped by my parents house, in the driveway was a black 1960s Cadillac. As I was walking around the car, I noticed the black seat and trunk where remove, to make a bed like a pick up truck. I was thinking why would someone try and make a Cadillac in to a pick up. Then it hit me, it was a flower car, it followed the Hurst to cemetery filled with the flowers.
I wanna flower car! Couldn't afford to gas up a 1960s Caddy, but the idea is a good one.

Chickie'sMomaInNH

Garden Master
Reaction score
they make the Caddy flower cars mostly as a custom job for funeral homes.

when my grandfather passed away in 2005 we had a line of Caddies that would have made him cry if he was alive to see it. the hearse, flower car, limo for family, and then my grandfather's blue Caddy following behind with my cousin driving it. the casket matched his Caddy. the funeral home's cars were fairly new vehicles and very nicely kept. when my aunt passed in 2011 they used the same funeral home and they used the same cars.

so lucky

Garden Master
Reaction score
Man, you musta had a classy funeral home. We had to drive our own cars for parents' funerals.
I just realized how old we sound, talking about classy funerals. By the way, my bursitis is acting up, lol.

Chickie'sMomaInNH

Garden Master
Reaction score
it wound through parts of Saugus and Lynn, MA till we got out to Rt 1 for all of a minute to get off at the cemetery. talk about death defying. :thLynn and Saugus are just outside of Boston so it is crazy trying to drive it at slow speeds.

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
@Nyboy I , like @Smart Red do not have a FANCY cell phone. Although I can take photos on my old flip style phone, then they are stuck in there! No way to download into computer and share. And looking at them on the tiny screen one could need a magnifying glass!
COOL truck you spotted Red.

Latest posts