Tried to Like It

AMKuska

Garden Master
Reaction score
And while I LOVE cilantro, I find both culantro and Rau Ram (Vietnamese coriander) repulsive, I find the former to coarse to be palatable and the latter tastes rank. Not a big fan of Papalo either.

Cilantro tastes like a cross between dish soap and a tin can. I think it must taste different to other people because I can't imagine this being a good flavor for your food.

Artichoke Lover

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Cilantro tastes like a cross between dish soap and a tin can. I think it must taste different to other people because I can't imagine this being a good flavor for your food.
Maybe it’s like basil. Some people love the smell. To others including me it smells like cat pee. (There’s some scientific reason I just can’t remember what it is)

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
draw heavy metals from your system.

? See, that is the problem, @AMKuska -- you may be eating too much food from cans. Nail polish? Hmmm 🤔

Cat ".... !" 😕 Well I wonder ... no, I don't like to think about it!

The smell of basil, I like ... I'm usually careful not to eat any, unless there's a strong flavored cheese to go with it ... no. We better not talk about cheese!

Lots of people don't like cilantro but I have had culantro and thought that it was okay, @Pulsegleaner . Of course, similar to those cartoon characters who float on the breeze if I smell cilantro ...

Steve

Marie2020

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Oh, okra!

Just some?

In a nice soup? Soup? Or, do we have to call it gumbo?

Steve
I like okra, it's great in spiced up foods or stews. Apparently it's good for diabetics I have no idea why. My problem is getting hold of it, there's only one place I can buy it when it's available but we can only travel 5 miles and this place is more like 15 miles from where I live. I've only ever seen one version of it the green fingers kind :)

ducks4you

Garden Master
Reaction score
East Central IL, Was Zone 6, Now...maybe Zone 5
@Rhodie Ranch , I never thought I'd like okra, until I tasted it fried to almost black, like my MIL made, and then, I was hooked. EVERYBODY wants me to grow it/harvest it/store it to have with mashed potatoes and turkey during the holidays, or with hamburgers in the summer as our salad.
But, I won't talk you into it...more for Me.
I haven't been able to like eggplant. Shame bc it's Such a pretty vegetable to dislike.
Don't think Swiss Chard or Beet Tops taste like spinach and I won't eat them. Haven't tried kale. LOVE, LOVE, LOVE, LOVE, LOVE Lima Beans.
Go figure...

Marie2020

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Might be the “strain” of either? We grow parsley and cilantro year round, eating a small handful every day. They’re in that good for you group and help draw heavy metals from your system.
I didn't know this!
I adore coriander, I think that's your cilantro? I will eat this in virtually anything except porridge :)

Marie2020

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
@Rhodie Ranch , I never thought I'd like okra, until I tasted it fried to almost black, like my MIL made, and then, I was hooked. EVERYBODY wants me to grow it/harvest it/store it to have with mashed potatoes and turkey during the holidays, or with hamburgers in the summer as our salad.
But, I won't talk you into it...more for Me.
I haven't been able to like eggplant. Shame bc it's Such a pretty vegetable to dislike.
Don't think Swiss Chard or Beet Tops taste like spinach and I won't eat them. Haven't tried kale. LOVE, LOVE, LOVE, LOVE, LOVE Lima Beans.
Go figure...
I don't like eggplant at all and I've never even seen Lima beans

Latest posts