Tried to Like It

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
I have something of a craving for hot peppers but it's not that I like suffering from too much heat. Somehow, there is a little comfort even if there is a jolt at first taste.

Eggplant, sprinkling with salt and allowing peeled slices to sit in a colander for a while before rinsing may be needed, although I almost never do that. After cooking, just put your favorite, savory sauce on a slice. Think of it as a piece of bread. You can go from there.

Having a banana in my waffle mix this morning :).

Steve

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
I like just about everything. Have never tried bitter melon. Fried eggplant, dipped in egg/milk and dredged in cornmeal, is GOOD. Fried okra.... YUM! Trying to think of something I don't like..... Bananas. Gag a maggot, those things are nasty. I eat tomatoes in all forms except ketchup. Gross.
DH agrees on the banana thing LOL

Marie2020

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Not too many vegetables I won't eat... whether I choose to grow them is another matter. I don't like the slimy texture of purslane or Malabar spinach, and won't eat even slightly bitter greens (which is ironic, given that I eat bitter melon). Not a big fan of rutabaga, although I loved it mashed when I was young. And just never developed a like for kale or collards.
I've never heard of anything you have mentioned except spinach, which I adore and could eat forever and a day.

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
Winter squash. All forms. Had to eat it as a kid, and I have tried to get used to it as an adult but nope. Nopety nope nope.
Maybe it's the texture. :sick
My mom baked it with butter and brown sugar and I ate that molecular layer off easily and hoped to be done but mom was a stickler for eating what you were served. It was a tragic scene. Little girl and enormous piece of squash that never got smaller no matter how many bites I took.

I do think I like it as pie tho!

Latest posts