Tried to Like It

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
The dining table also had interesting ledges underneath where it opened up for a leaf that we didn't have. I put food on them too. My crowning achievement was smashing English peas under the placemat and flattening it out so not to be noticeable. Never thought about my mom cleaning the table. She never said a word and I was able to think I really got away with something.

Trish Stretton

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
What vegetable or fruit have you made a Real, Honest effort to like or, at least tolerate, but have failed ... so far!?

Zucchini, or courgettes as @Trish Stretton and @Marie2020 may say, is very low on my list of veggies. I've had them push at me all of my life. DW is fond of summer squash and proud of her zucchini bread. I prefer pumpkin bread and she has learned not to serve zucchini to me, sauteed or whatever ... And, I've been willing to sample summer squash alternatives. Even just alternatives to zucchini in baking (pumpkin bread is 100% better). Still, I haven't disparaged DW's bread making ;).

I know an avid gardener who won't eat any greens!

Fruit. I'm certainly not much of a kiwi fan. Oops! Just ignore that Trish! Zucchini!

Steve
Thats okay, lol, I dont like them either.

Marie2020

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
The dining table also had interesting ledges underneath where it opened up for a leaf that we didn't have. I put food on them too. My crowning achievement was smashing English peas under the placemat and flattening it out so not to be noticeable. Never thought about my mom cleaning the table. She never said a word and I was able to think I really got away with something.
Only baymule would ever try that trick and actually get away with it :lol:. Just imagining her mother :ep:duc

ducks4you

Garden Master
Reaction score
East Central IL, Was Zone 6, Now...maybe Zone 5
Coriander has been used to sweeten tombs for thousands of years. There was a dig in Siberia some decades ago were they found the frozen remains of a female warrior, skin and tattoes visible bc the freeze didn't allow for decay, and they also found coriander. Here, also:

Marie2020

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Coriander has been used to sweeten tombs for thousands of years. There was a dig in Siberia some decades ago were they found the frozen remains of a female warrior, skin and tattoes visible bc the freeze didn't allow for decay, and they also found coriander. Here, also:
Thank you for this really fascinating post on one of my favourite herbs with so many uses. :)

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
The description in the nursery catalogs make them sound like a Lodi or Yellow Transparent.

Mild flavored apples began to get a bad rap several decades ago.

What's wrong with pronounced flavors all the way to mild? If you eat 365 apples a year, 366 in a Leap Year, there is room for variety.

Steve

Pulsegleaner

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
I think I may have seen something like that back in my days at Cornell, at the Ag experiment station in Geneva. At least, I remember a dead white (more or less, more of a very very pale green that overripened to sort of pale cream) apple with sweet, sort of soft flesh (sort of like a Golden Delicious, as I recall) I did try and grow some from the seeds I got and they did come up, but then the gardeners we had at the time pulled them out trying to weed our side pots. Remember they were some odd species like Malus chinesis x chinensis ( which is not a valid taxonomic name)

Latest posts