Trip Report to Cornell Plantations, Ithaca, NY-Pix Fixed!

Reinbeau

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
My mother and I went to The Annual Gathering of the Northeast District, Herb Society of America, August 7-9, 2009 at Cornell University. It was a wonderful trip, the gardens at Cornell are amazing. The highlight of the gardens, at least for us, is the Robison York State Herb Garden. I've included a few photos from the visit, if you want to see more, you can view the whole garden I've got posted on my Facebook page, you don't have to be a member to view them.

First is an overall view of the gardens and some of our members:

whole-with-members.jpg

Next is the Yarb Woman, she's a statue given to the garden by the Aucana Herbarists, a local herb gardening group. Mom and I both want her in our gardens!

yarb-woman-side.jpg

The rest are just some colorful shots I thought you'd enjoy:

colorful.jpg

more-corners.jpg

zinnias.jpg

bid

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
They're not showing up for me either. Using IE and right clicking and selecting "show picture" doesn't work either. :idunno

Reinbeau

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Rosalind, you were probably the only one who would see them - I found the problem and fixed it! Too many ///'s.

All set now! I hope you enjoy them :)

lesa

Garden Master
Reaction score
That looks really great. I was there many years ago, before I really got into gardening. I can see I better schedule a pilgrimage for next year! Thanks for sharing and reminding of such a beautiful spot!

HiDelight

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
so beautiful! thanks for sharing those photos!!! wow! I keep hoping my hodge podge garden turns into something spectacular :)

but you know what it is really spectacular for me I should give myself some credit here!!!

but that is just stunning!

Reinbeau

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
These beautiful gardens are great for inspiration, but really, what we've got is wonderful, because it's ours, our own interpretation of what a garden should be. I've seen so many...but this is what I come home to :)

HiDelight

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Reinbeau said:
These beautiful gardens are great for inspiration, but really, what we've got is wonderful, because it's ours, our own interpretation of what a garden should be. I've seen so many...but this is what I come home to :)
I can see why :) magnificant

nothing like touring a garden to get inspiration

glad you were able to do this

Latest posts