Tromboncino Squash Vine Borers! Pg 4

canesisters

Garden Master
Reaction score
catjac1975 said:
It was delicious! Freezing the extra.
That's it??? No "I sliced it into 1/4" on the beveled edge slices and sauted in garlic butter with....."
:th

catjac1975

Garden Master
Reaction score
Hahahahahaa. Sliced it and boiled it lightly and nearly ate the whole thing between the 2 of us. I like my veggies to taste like themselves. Most often do nothing but boil or stream, though I like a stir fry with oregano. It had a nutty flavor with a slightly different texture than yellow squash, actually better!
canesisters said:
catjac1975 said:
It was delicious! Freezing the extra.
That's it??? No "I sliced it into 1/4" on the beveled edge slices and sauted in garlic butter with....."
:th

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
Cat, I left a few on the vine and their texture changed to between summer squash and winter squash. Left the last one, intending to let it turn tan for winter squash, but it was so heavy, it fell off the vine. I think if left to fully mature, the texture would be more like a winter squash.

catjac1975

Garden Master
Reaction score
I really loved the fresh so I think I will let the other winter squashes winterize. I find there is so little difference in winter squash flavors. I am thinking I may have grown it before and let it go too long and it just rotted.

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
I cut the bulb end off, split it in two and scooped the seed pulp out. I stuffed the halves with Italian sausage cornbread dressing and baked them. :drool

Latest posts