Tromboncino

catjac1975

Garden Master
Reaction score
the point to grow them from my perspective was not as a winter squash but as a zucchini replacement. so picked often and when young in similar size to a small and young zucchini. not having grown them i am curious if anyone who has finds the taste close enough. if i recall correctly what i have read so far the texture is a bit firmer, which to me would be a bonus.
I did not grow them this year. But I do like the taste of the very young small squash.

Zeedman

Garden Master
Reaction score
The yield this year was disappointing. The squash in my photos were the ones let go for seed, so they only set a few more after that. There were 2 plantings in the rural garden, both stunted by heavy weed growth... one of which did not survive. The other planting (3 plants) was weeded in mid-summer, and recovered shortly thereafter. Those 3 plants produced enough before frost to last DW & I through the winter, so I count my blessings... but there should have been enough for the entire extended family.

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
The yield this year was disappointing. The squash in my photos were the ones let go for seed, so they only set a few more after that. There were 2 plantings in the rural garden, both stunted by heavy weed growth... one of which did not survive. The other planting (3 plants) was weeded in mid-summer, and recovered shortly thereafter. Those 3 plants produced enough before frost to last DW & I through the winter, so I count my blessings... but there should have been enough for the entire extended family.

teleporter booths would be so nice, we have some extra squash here but getting them from here to there is a bit of a stretch in common sense... :) i'm not sure if your description above is only talking about Tromboncino or also talking of other squash you planted that didn't make it?

Zeedman

Garden Master
Reaction score
The Tromboncino was mixed success; a very good seed crop, but a vastly diminished harvest of the zucchini-like summer squash. The winter squash - Australian Blue, a kabocha type - was a total failure.