Umm! About that car in your driveway II

Smiles Jr.

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Here's an interesting video from Fox Business News on the E-15 fuel that is showing up at the gas stations these days.

E-15 Fuel Warning

I have not seen this fuel at our pumps here in S.E. Indiana yet but evidently it is appearing in other states. Gas stations are mandated to offer this fuel by the USEPA this year.

vfem

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
I prefer to NOT watch Fox news for anything... however, I'll say that e-15 has been out awhile. Back in September my car broke down, my pretty wonderful sweet almost new prius!!!! Well, I have a 4 year extended warranty (ok, its a 2007 but its new to me!). Toyota specifically told me they'd look at it... however the warranty would cover anything except fuel damage. They explained to me the ethonal % that's in most gas (winter blends have it in much higher percentages and don't even have it marked on the gas pumps). No matter what the problem with the car, if it has ANYTHING to do with the gas you put in the car... they will not cover it. Turns out it wasn't a gas problem, it was an intake problem due to the oil... which they didn't cover either. So way to go crappy warranty, took me 2 1/2 weeks to get the $500 to fix it. :(

Anyways, you have to ASK your gas station what is the ethonal percent in their unleaded. Every gas stations answer will be different depending on brand, and time of year. So don't just look for a pump that says e-15.... ask!!!

vfem

Garden Addicted
Reaction score

Latest posts