Unconventional canners? We need a list of times and produce sucessful

hoodat

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Pumpkins take longer than any vegetable i'm aware of because they are alkaline. 90 minutes - 10 pounds pressure is the recommendation. Pumpkins are one of the worst offenders for botulism.

Gram49

Leafing Out
Reaction score
I'll bite - here's mine: tomatoes.
Blanch whole tomatoes and remove skin. In very large pan or dutch oven cook and stir tomatoes. They will break apart, but you don't want complete mush. When hot all the way through ladle into hot prepared pint jars, top with hot lid and ring. Let cool naturally. Jars will seal as they cool. That is it and I don't think I have ever lost any. Since I am at work I cant remember if put any salt in or not. They are good for soups and stews.

dipence71

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
Gram49 said:
I'll bite - here's mine: tomatoes.
Blanch whole tomatoes and remove skin. In very large pan or dutch oven cook and stir tomatoes. They will break apart, but you don't want complete mush. When hot all the way through ladle into hot prepared pint jars, top with hot lid and ring. Let cool naturally. Jars will seal as they cool. That is it and I don't think I have ever lost any. Since I am at work I cant remember if put any salt in or not. They are good for soups and stews.
I think that is how my mom use to do them as well. and we all lived LOL...

Latest posts