Unusual Christmas Gift

canesisters

Garden Master
Reaction score
When my business was broken into I was both angry and a little afraid ( hard to admit) and wanted a hand gun. Then @majorcatfish wrote never point a gun at someone unless your willing to shoot them. Really made me think, am I ready to shoot someone ?

Well - my INTENTION is to not shoot people, ever. ;)
However, I can tell you that if I can kill a possum with a shovel (ugly, nasty incident), I'm pretty sure that I can use the pistol on it to kill it quickly.

Rammy

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Well - my INTENTION is to not shoot people, ever. ;)
However, I can tell you that if I can kill a possum with a shovel (ugly, nasty incident), I'm pretty sure that I can use the pistol on it to kill it quickly.

I got a .22 rifle or 410 for that purpose. Works great on raccoons, too. ;)

canesisters

Garden Master
Reaction score
Was talking to the guy at the feed store just before our last snow storm. I was stocking up on chicken feed and talking about how people MOB the grocery stores before snow storms. He said that they had been REALLY busy and that he thought it was funny that people kept saying things like "Don't have to worry about getting snowed in, as long as I keep the chickens fed, I won't go hungry." I asked him why it was funny and he said "As long as I have more ammo than you, your chickens will keep ME fed."
He has a point....

valley ranch

Garden Master
Reaction score
Sierra Nevada mountains, and Nevada high desert
Hubs bought a gun for me a few months ago. Sadly I cannot pull back that thing on the top. I even put it between my knees and used both hands to pull it back, barely. Since its registered to him only, he'll be getting that thing with the rest of his belongings when I move out.

That thing on top ~ the slide doesn't take too much pull ~ is it the strength in your hand that you can't hold it between your thumb and forefinger ~ I was going to make a joke ~like ~maybe it's a revolver ```

Rammy

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I remember a video I saw once where a lady was talking to a guy about learning how to grow food, and he said he didnt have to learn.
She asked why. He showed her his gun and said all I need is this to take from people like you. Or something like that.
Bad thing is, when TSHTF, people will come after you for your food, not your stuff.

valley ranch

Garden Master
Reaction score
Sierra Nevada mountains, and Nevada high desert
Well if someone comes deciding it's you or him ~ you make sure it's him ```

45dac0d0cf0e9981d0d474c226d1e793--john-wayne-quotes-john-wayne-movies.jpg

Latest posts