Unusual Christmas Gift

Nyboy

Garden Master
Reaction score
I remember a video I saw once where a lady was talking to a guy about learning how to grow food, and he said he didnt have to learn.
She asked why. He showed her his gun and said all I need is this to take from people like you. Or something like that.
Bad thing is, when TSHTF, people will come after you for your food, not your stuff.
There is a movie I think its called blackout. When food in cities run out Large groups of people start faning out to the county side. How do you stop 30 to 50 hungry people from not taking your food

Rammy

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
uzi-submachine-gun-isolated-on-white-stock-photo_csp14279140.jpg
Uzi.....

Attachments

• uzi-submachine-gun-isolated-on-white-stock-photo_csp14279140.jpg
    uzi-submachine-gun-isolated-on-white-stock-photo_csp14279140.jpg
    6.7 KB · Views: 163

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
There is a movie I think its called blackout. When food in cities run out Large groups of people start faning out to the county side. How do you stop 30 to 50 hungry people from not taking your food
You band together with neighbors, hopefully you could have a neighborhood soup kitchen and feed the hungry. Freezers would melt down, get it out, cook it up and give it away.

ducks4you

Garden Master
Reaction score
East Central IL, Was Zone 6, Now...maybe Zone 5
DH, and both DD's now have our IL concealed carry licenses, which I understand are accepted in 28 states. IL is more rigid than most states about concealed carry.
When we did our training and live fire shooting, our instructor started the session with laser sights in our weapons and a small laser target.
The NNA recommends this:
https://www.laser-ammo.com/laser-training
It really helps, no ammo to purchase and you can practice any time you wish in your home.

canesisters

Garden Master
Reaction score
. Freezers would melt down, get it out, cook it up and give it away.

This is why I try to run a load of meat every time I have the canner out. I've done 2 loads of turkey broth since Thanksgiving, but both have finished late in the evening - so no canned meat. :(

But I've got to spend this coming Sat home all day waiting on someone - so might run a load or two to clean out the freezer a little.

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
My instructions call for 90 minutes to can chicken. You could prep one night, can the next. Turn it off and go to bed. Let it cool and unload the next morning or that evening. It takes a LOOOOOONG time to do a batch of canned meat, counting all the prep, canning and cool down time.

canesisters

Garden Master
Reaction score
Yep, 90 mins for anything that contains meat.
When load #1's little pressure gauge indicator doesn't drop till almost 11:00 - there is no load #2.
mornincoffee[1].gif

I do ok with the - prep one day can the next - thing if there is only one load. My problem comes when I have a hot canner and a bunch of just out of the fridge things to can. If I'm starting from scratch, I put the cool jars into the cool water in the canner and let them all heat slowly together.
I suppose I could heat whatever load #2 is going to be on the stove while load #1 is running.

Latest posts