UPDATE: Argh!!! Children!!!

Whitewater

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
Ok, I was going to write a long screed about kids coming into my garden (again! I put a fence up! A big one!) and about how they uprooted one of my heirloom zukes (the only one of that variety to sprout, too . . . *grrr*) which was different from them looking for grasshoppers . . . then I realized I was still way angry about it and also realized that no matter what I posted or how tactful I was, I was going to offend most of you with my comments and/or feelings on the matter, so instead, I'm just going to post this:

:duc :duc :duc :duc :duc

That should suffice.

Whitewater ( still :rant :somad :he :barnie )

lesa

Garden Master
Reaction score
Oh, dear, so sorry. I just don't know what is wrong with people. Reminds me of how mad I was when I discovered my beehive upended. I know what "seeing red" means now! Hang in there, better days are coming. I took revenge by moving my bees, and storing my picked up dog poop on the path, the kids were using...

vfem

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Trust me when I say "I UNDERSTAND YOUR UNDER THE BREATH MUTTERING!"

:he

ducks4you

Garden Master
Reaction score
East Central IL, Was Zone 6, Now...maybe Zone 5
Seriously though, Sorry about ANYBODY or any critter that ruins your crops!!! :rant

MY two loving, lovely dogs, just don't get it that they shouldn't run, chase, and wrestle through the vegetables, so I made raised beds WITH fencing, and fenced off everything else.
This is what they do in the summer, too~
DSC_1916.jpg

DSC_1915.jpg

DSC_1910.jpg

DSC_1909.jpg

Rose and Pyg resting...
DSC_1918.jpg

ducks4you

Garden Master
Reaction score
East Central IL, Was Zone 6, Now...maybe Zone 5
Get your camera out and take as many pictures of these hooligans as you can, especially if you can catch them in the middle of the destruction. Maybe a webcam?!?
Print copies (from your computer) and send a typed letter to the parents.
If THAT doesn't work, buy and put up some cheap livestock electric fencing to zap them.

elf

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
Doesn't offend me. I'm a retired middle school art teacher and got out as soon as I had my 30 yrs. equivalence, and recently moved, partly to get away from my landlady's grandkids. I know how parents often take personal offense when you say their kids did anything wrong - like you caused it. And if you put anything around your garden that's dangerous, you'll be liable if they get hurt, even if it is on your land.

Latest posts