UPDATE: Argh!!! Children!!!

elf

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
Whitewater said:
The other thing I've been thinking about doing is making a laminated No Tresspassing sign. If nothing else, it will satisfy legal requirements.
Whitewater
A deputy sheriff in my county said that without a No Trespassing sign he will come out and warn folks and tell to leave if called, and with the sign, you can press charges. That may vary according to location.

Ladyhawke1

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
elf said:
Ladyhawke1 said:
elf said:
How old are the little b...uh, darlings? Have you ever been able to catch them out there? Have you ever spoken to them or their parents? Sometimes making them think you're good and crazy helps. Are you in a location where you can scream like a banshee without getting locked away? Scream obscenities?(not if you have other close neighbors, though) Although cops with sirens will add to the effect. Do you have guns that you can target practice with? Lots of gunshots do help,esp. combined with the screaming. All this may just make them think you're one of them, but at least they won't think you're going to necessarily cower under to their whims. If you can, catch them while you carry a gun, and tell them you're afraid to be without it because you've been seeing a 5 ft. rattler. Also, this way you won't be accused of threatening the angels. You could combine this with a fake snake that you move every day. If you can get your hands on a big blacksnake, release it in your garden. You could try the same approach as with repelling wildlife - spray the fence with something stinky and sticky. Hanging those stinky fly traps near their crossing might help. If you come across any dead animals leave those by the fence, too. I had an animal repellent water sprinkler device called the "scarecrow" that's made to spray whatever crosses it's path. Then again, that might make a game of running through it. Good luck! Unruly children are the hardest pest to deal with, except maybe their parents.
:yuckyuck :clap You should be a movie producer! :p Or is it a director? I am so confused. :/
I was a career middle school art teacher - You learn to do a lot of sleuthing. Shall I go into the time an 8th grade girl kept stealing the chocolate out of the cabinet in my office (when you mess with my chocolate stash, you've REALLY crossed the line!) Well, let's just say, ex-lax and Hershey's look a lot alike.
You've done it again! :yuckyuck :clap :clap :celebrate

Do you think I could leave some "special" chocolates on top of the fences and that that would solve my "problems"? Huh? :bee

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
I know...NO ONE is going to agree with me but...Could you keep an eye out and see who it is that's doing the damage. Then....here goes...BEFRIEND them. Be kind to them and teach them how to garden. Let them replant what they destroyed with you and encourage them to come back and water. I know it's sounds crazy but sometimes these kids just need someone who cares and they are also bored.

It seems likes it's very hard to fight them and their parents probably won't care what their kids are doing. So if you can't beat them, join them.

Show them that you are not that crazy lady who is fun to push her buttons.

Just a thought.

O.k. everybody tell me how naive (sp?) I am.

Mary

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Oh My! Oh, Good Heavens, Mary!

. . . back of hand to forehead looking skyward . . .

A job for which you'd need the patience of Job.

S'

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
Digits...You ALWAYS make me laugh! :lol: I know, it sounds crazy but nothing else is working! Sometimes I like to take the underdog approach. :)

Mary

vfem

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
You both make me laugh! I actually shoot at the little trespassers with my pellet gun and always just happen to miss. I don't see them so much now a days. :rolleyes:

Personally, from the bottom of my heart... and everyone I know knows this... other then my daughter, I absolutely hate children. Sorry... just how it is! :idunno

Kid stepped on my food today in front of his mom, and he stared at me when I said excuse me you're on my foot... then I asked if there was anything he had to say. Neither he, nor his mother said a thing and she went on talking to her friend. So I told the boy it was sad how useless to the community he was going to become, just like his mom. Then my daughter told him he was a rude a boy, and she didn't like his 'attitude' because he hurt her mommy. I think that was the moment the kid's mom felt bad. We just walked away as they came and intruded at our table where we were having a picnic lunch. :sick

elf

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
vfem said:
You both make me laugh! I actually shoot at the little trespassers with my pellet gun and always just happen to miss. I don't see them so much now a days. :rolleyes:

Personally, from the bottom of my heart... and everyone I know knows this... other then my daughter, I absolutely hate children. Sorry... just how it is! :idunno

Kid stepped on my food today in front of his mom, and he stared at me when I said excuse me you're on my foot... then I asked if there was anything he had to say. Neither he, nor his mother said a thing and she went on talking to her friend. So I told the boy it was sad how useless to the community he was going to become, just like his mom. Then my daughter told him he was a rude a boy, and she didn't like his 'attitude' because he hurt her mommy. I think that was the moment the kid's mom felt bad. We just walked away as they came and intruded at our table where we were having a picnic lunch. :sick
WOW! Wish I had the guts to do that!

Mattemma

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
If they are getting in by climbing a fence I would coat the fence with something sticky like that stuff they use to for apple tree pest control.It won't dry out.Tangle trap.Well anything cheap that will be hard for the kids to remove.

If I could catch them I would call the police so they could return the child home with a warning that next time is juvie hall and a FINE.

Video cam sounds like a good option.In the least a game cam IF the kids can't get to it.

Sometimes it seems like trespassers have more rights than the property owner.One guy was telling me his company got broken into and the burglar sued because he cut himself while breaking in.

In Ohio they have that atractive nuisance law
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Attractive_nuisance_doctrine

So unfair. I think parents SHOULD BE responsible for their kids.I know some schools will take the parents to court if the kid is truant.So why not take them to court over property damage? It may seem trivial to the courts or to the parents,but for anyone that has grown anything the sight of yard destruction(for fun by others) will be terribly upsetting.

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
Vfem...You need more target practice! :D It's sad how kids are today. I don't blame you for hating kids! But, I always blame the parents. They don't teach the kids any manners, probably because it takes work and they are too lazy and don't care.

Even, if you have proof of who the culprits are, I'm not sure that anything would actually be done. But I guess you have to try. It's just so frustrating when you do all the work and then their are no consequences.

Some of you probably have too large lots to fence. But I bet barb wire would work! But, then again, it might look like you are living in a prison! :lol:

Mary

Latest posts