upside down picture

majorcatfish

Garden Master
Reaction score
ok iphone geeks question for you...

when i take a picture using my iphone and sent it to my desktop and i save it to my pictures........ picture looks correct
and then save it to photobucket........ picture looks fine
and then post it here the picture looks fine on the desktop, but when i use my iphone it's upside down...

whats up with that?

edit: just load this picture from photobucket using a differrent desktop and it looks correct,
but when i go to use my iphone it is upside down.

who else sees this picture upside down? are you using windows or mac?

897tgigvib

Garden Master
Reaction score
The smart modern humans will have a better answer, but until they can help ya, use the Neanderthal fix:

When ya have a photo planned that'll wind upside down, TURN YOUR CAMERA UPSIDE DOWN when ya take the photo.

If'n it'll be used for several applications, take one with the camera upside down followed by another with the camera right side up.

That'll fix things until one of the smart modern human peeps comes along with the right modern answers...

:throw

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
I don't have an iphone and hope someone with one has an answer.

I do have a Photobucket account, which I've been using more & more often as Google changes its Picasa service to Google+ where I have been struggling to figure out how to do anything! I'm just beginning to think that I might have a glimmering of an idea. Now, watch them change it again :rolleyes:.

Photobucket also throws me some curveballs, Major. Before I get there - I want to have whatever picture I'm uploading to be fairly well set. Paint will come to my rescue with some measure of certainty. Yeah, the Microsoft Paint program on the computer about like the one you learned to mess with 15 years ago. If I want to rotate the picture, good ol' Paint will do that and then *save* the thing, with no questions asked. Dang camera program just wants to rotate it to be looked at - just for fun, I guess! Soon as it is looked at, the picture can go back to the way it was before, unsaved & un-savable.

Photobucket will do things for your view now but not really make any changes until later. Even if you think the picture is good to go! At least, that delay is what seems to be going on. There's also the memory in your computer. It may continue to show you something one way, that's been changed. Patience is what is most important and just don't upload something that might, show something embarrassing that you thought you'd cropped out ;).

Just like Xomcast is gonna find out with this customer - there's more than one service out there and I'm gettin' real tempted to try somewhere else and see how things shake out.

Steve

MontyJ

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Are you using the volume buttons to snap the shutter? If so, try taking shots with the buttons pointing down. Seems it depends on what software is used to view the photo. Some are able to orient it correctly, others, not so much.

majorcatfish

Garden Master
Reaction score
for laughs and giggles went and looked at all the pictures that were taken with a iphone or ipod
and they all look correct here of the forum while using a desktop or laptop.
but when i use the iphone to look, all of them are upside down...

go figure...

Collector

Garden Master
Reaction score
I notice if I hold IPhone to horizontil, the pic turns out upside down When posted to a website. the phone must be held more vertical or in an upright position and you will have less trouble. It seems to have helped with my photo trouble. good luck!...:)

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
majorcatfish said:
. . .

who else sees this picture upside down? are you using windows or mac?
Thru my windows I see: His leetle ears are pointing up!

And, his eyelid is heavy and beginning to droop ;).

Steve

MontyJ

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
If you want some really good image editing software, try GIMP. It's (GNU) open source, so it's free. I use it a lot. It's very comparable to Paint Shop Pro.

Latest posts