Upside down tomatoes

vfem

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
I don't know... but I just saw 3 different versions of this upside down gardening pot at Lowe's! Gosh this thing is popular!!!! :lol:

Grow 4 Food

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
There is where people get nuts. DON'T BUY THOSE!! just use a standard hanging pot and cut an inch hole in the bottom. It is a whole lot cheaper and most all of us probably have an unused one anyway. :D

ozark hen

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
I did the hanging bucket last year for us and our neighbors. The neighbors had one tomato from theirs and we had nothing but a heavy vine. I put tomato plants in there that were too big I think. I am going to try it again this year but this time I am going to put other salad veggies with it. I think I will have my dh cut some holes in the sides of the bucket to put in other light weight veggies. Now mine were mostly in the shade...could that have added to the problem? I will go look at the other thread to see the advice given there, too.

sparkles2307

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
My tomatoes are alwyas in full sun and I get like, 45 lbs of fruit from each plant... A tomato needs sun!

Good idea with the holes in the sides for other veggies, maximize space!

setter4

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
I think I must miss the point with this upside down thing. If you are going to use a pot why not just plant it in the pot normally and allow it to trail over the side? :hu

sparkles2307

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
setter4 said:
I think I must miss the point with this upside down thing. If you are going to use a pot why not just plant it in the pot normally and allow it to trail over the side? :hu
I personally intend to use it to keep the dang cutworms away. They even get into my potted plants.

debiraymond

Sprout
Reaction score
Of all the things, my DH taped an infommercial for these things, but it was a bit different. It had the plants growing out of the wide and it was on a hanging stand already. I think I like that idea better because you can just drag it out of the wind - we get winds here something fierce sometimes.

https://www.topsytree.com/flare/next

That one!!!!

setter4

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
debiraymond said:
Of all the things, my DH taped an infommercial for these things, but it was a bit different. It had the plants growing out of the wide and it was on a hanging stand already. I think I like that idea better because you can just drag it out of the wind - we get winds here something fierce sometimes.

That one!!!!
OMG! :ep You're gonna' pay $60 for that thing?????

debiraymond

Sprout
Reaction score
setter4 said:
debiraymond said:

That one!!!!
GOOFBALL!!! I said I like that IDEA better. :lol: I am just working this out in my mind for now, since I usually kill everything I plant. Which is why we have no plants :/

setter4

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
debiraymond said:
setter4 said:
debiraymond said:

That one!!!!
GOOFBALL!!! I said I like that IDEA better. :lol: I am just working this out in my mind for now, since I usually kill everything I plant. Which is why we have no plants :/
Oh, thank heaven! I was going to send the guys with butterfly nets out to your house to capture you! :gig

Latest posts