Vegetable/Flower/Fruit Pages?

Sunny & the 5 egg layers

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
I was wondering if we could have vegetable/flower/fruit pages here on TEG. Kind of like the Chicken Breed Pages on BYC?

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
I would just like to interject a word of caution and I don't really know what direction you are suggesting, Sunny. So, mine is just a random comment.

There can be so many sub-forums that navigation becomes difficult. For my question about too few tomatoes on greenhouse plants perhaps because of excess nitrogen do I ask in:

Organic gardens
Soil
Vegetables
Fruits
Greenhouses
What doesn't fit elsewhere

Given those choices, this random guy can become confused. For the frequent visitor, at this point in time, I usually just show up in the TEG "Recent Posts" and then take a shot at going in the right direction. I have visited forums which had many, many sub-forums. Some of them, seldom used.

I even know of an "Idaho gardening" sub-forum :rolleyes:. The last time someone posted on it was, let's see . . . July 8th.

Steve

Chickie'sMomaInNH

Garden Master
Reaction score
i think Sunny is asking for something like a general information page. similar to what is found on BYC for the different breeds. something that might give a general description of different forms of veggies, fruits, and other plant families. though there are millions of plants that could be listed i would think stuff that is generally asked about growing here on TEG would be the best ones to include on an information page. like with BYC, it would be user submitted information and probably shouldn't get too in detailed about specific varieties, just the general family-like tomatoes or apples.

Nifty

Garden Addicted
Administrator
Reaction score
Basically something like this, but for plants? http://www.backyardchickens.com/breeds/breed-chart

It is a great idea and we're working on some things that will make this very possible and very cool!

In the interim, please utilize your access to our Page Creation Tool to create pages on your favorite plants. We will be able to integrate them into a new system later!

Simply click the "My Page" link at the top green menu.

Sunny & the 5 egg layers

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
Nifty said:
Basically something like this, but for plants? http://www.backyardchickens.com/breeds/breed-chart

It is a great idea and we're working on some things that will make this very possible and very cool!

In the interim, please utilize your access to our Page Creation Tool to create pages on your favorite plants. We will be able to integrate them into a new system later!

Simply click the "My Page" link at the top green menu.
:thumbsup Thanks Nifty. That is exactly what I was thinking.