Veggie Photo Time!

vfem

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
People have their cool season plants in and some are harvesting... some of you have your tomatoes and such in the ground as well!

WOW!

I am so happy to see winter gone, and I want to see pictures of your fruit and veggie starts.... whether in your house still, or in the garden. Show me the photos of the growth you have going on!!!

Peas, lettuce, cabbage, spinach, broccoli, herbs....ect ect ect

:tools

4grandbabies

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Ok, here are my too early tomatoes and peppers and too late cabbage:
6364_hpim1745jpg_tomato.jpg

6364_hpim1746jpgmore_tomatoes.jpg

6364_hpim1748jpgpeppers.jpg

6364_hpim1747jpgcabbage.jpg

AND MY MESSY STARTING AREA
6364_hpim1749jpg_plant_start_area.jpg

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Hi V!

Some of the tomatoes and a few peppers, on a rainy day:

4989_seedlings_3.jpg

A little difficult to take pictures in my skinny greenhouse . . . a little sunshine would also help ;).

Steve

4grandbabies

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Wow Steve, maybe I am worrying for nothing.. I thought I would be planting after May 8 or so, your plants are even bigger than mine, when do you plant?

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Maybe later than that, 4grandbabies!

They are a little s t r e t c h e d. We had 6 days of clouds and rain then a day of sunshine (& wind). Anyway, they are really reaching for that sun :rolleyes:.

I think . . . if we ever have a warm day . . . they need to go outside just so they slow down a bit. There's no question I may have problems with them and need to pot-up to larger containers.

There are some smaller tomato plants that were started later - my fail-safe plants. Back in February - it looked like we would have an early spring here. Oh well . . .

Steve :)

4grandbabies

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I am thinking that I will put mine in a tall box, remove their lower leaves, and fill with light soil to their near tops. Of course I will have to put plastic bags under the box to potect the floor, its just that I am out of good repotting pots in the larger size.. yep.. gonna make them work, gonna think positive!!!

vfem

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
I totally got overwhelmed and didn't take any pictures today... but I've moved some of my tomatoes out. Along with some peppers and gerber daisies.

Sadly, I lost a gerber to a rather bad cat who decided she didn't like it there and tore it up.

I also got out some leeks today as well.

I was out so late it was dark before I knew it, and I will have to share photos later.

I want you both to know, your tomatoes are WAY larger then mine, and mine are already going in the ground. I am unsure they will make it now. :(

4grandbabies

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
vfem said:
I totally got overwhelmed and didn't take any pictures today... but I've moved some of my tomatoes out. Along with some peppers and gerber daisies.

Sadly, I lost a gerber to a rather bad cat who decided she didn't like it there and tore it up.

I also got out some leeks today as well.

I was out so late it was dark before I knew it, and I will have to share photos later.

I want you both to know, your tomatoes are WAY larger then mine, and mine are already going in the ground. I am unsure they will make it now. :(
Mine being big so early is my big worry!! I think yours will make it, its time there, a month early here for planting out.
As far as losing a plant to a kitty, mine rules, she is 17 and starting to show her age, so she gets by with anything she wants :)

lupinfarm

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
My starts indoors just the other day. They were hanging out in my bedroom window with a grow light over them (its a sewing light that is supposed to mimic daylight, just realized a few weeks ago before having to start plants that we had this amazing light lol) until they got big enough to replant into pots, so now they're chillaxin' in the laundry room at night and being put out in the sunshine during the day.

plantstarts2010.jpg

There are some sunflowers here, Lupins, Pumpkins and Cukes (I can't tell them apart now LOL).

lesa

Garden Master
Reaction score
vfem, yours are going to be fine. Once they hit that garden soil, they will grow really fast! Everybody's starts look fabulous! Can't wait to see the gardens! Don't you just love spring!