Veggie Photo Time!

mothergoose

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
Everyones plants look great. I have been busy repotting lots of seedlings. I still have alot to repot but here are some that are done and these are all the plants that have made the transition from the house out to the greenhouse and all are doing great.

Here are the plants in the greenhouse:

5568_easter2010_031.jpg

And here are some of the strawberries, tomatoes, green peppers etc...

5568_easter2010_036.jpg

Christie :tools

4grandbabies

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
your plants are looking good mother goose...like your set up, sure would like a green house, my kitchen gets a bit crowded this time of year.

4grandbabies

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Here are pics of our first raised bed area.. this is a learning year, hopefully a successful one! we have a long way to go, this is just the start.. onions, asparagus, carrots potatoes, ect..thanks to a strong son in law:
6364_hpim1750jpg_eaised_beds_1.jpg
6364_hpim1752jpg_raised_bed_2.jpg

vfem

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
All your plants are looking good and strong! I can't believe its already spring and its almost time for everyone to plant. May is right around the corner!!! :p

Has anyone asparagus come up? I planted 6 plants in the fall, in the ground with mounds on top. Clay soil with some compost worked in. I have not had one sprout. I dug a little to see if anything was coming through, and nothing?

Should I be waiting for a later spout time, and leave them be? I put cages around them, and buried the cage about 6" down to keep voles from detroying them. I'm starting to think they got them anyways?!

DawnSuiter

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
Here are some sightings from around my farm...

100_4018.JPG

100_4023.JPG

100_3980.JPG

All is planted but the radishes are the bigger of the greens here
100_4020.JPG

These are some of the green beans I sprouted inside and then planted directly outside.
100_4028.JPG

sooooo much work still to do! I'm just inside hiding from the heat of the day. :) Happy planting everyone!

4grandbabies

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
aaaahhhh-to be hiding from the heat of the sun! Only had some glimpses of those days here.
vfem...We are starting a new asparagus bed this year here. That is what you see in the raised bed area, that is made of bales of straw on all 4 sides. we put down top soil, compost ,peat and asparagus food. We had mail ordered the roots-20 of them, and they seemed a bit dry, so I soaked them a while before setting out,we also did the mounds, and toped with composted manure . nothing is happening so far. I sure hope those roots had not dried too much before they arrived. , but then its cool at nights, had a FEW really warm days, but at our other place we never saw anything of our asparagus before mid may. ..dont give up.:tools

vfem

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Well, this isn't exactly just veggies:

Grapes forming:
14084_img_4828.jpg

Radish and Squash
14084_radish_squash1.jpg

Raspberry plantings
14084_raspberries1.jpg

Strawberry Bed:
14084_strawberry_bed2.jpg

I'm going to be a peach:
14084_peach3.jpg

I'm going to be a pear:
14084_pears2.jpg

PEAS:
14084_img_4839.jpg

...and the grass lounging the comes with spring! Oh the warm lazy days! :)

14084_awww_spring.jpg

boggybranch

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
4grandbabies said:
Here are pics of our first raised bed area.. this is a learning year, hopefully a successful one! we have a long way to go, this is just the start.. onions, asparagus, carrots potatoes, ect..thanks to a strong son in law:
http://www.theeasygarden.com/forum/uploads/6364_hpim1750jpg_eaised_beds_1.jpghttp://www.theeasygarden.com/forum/uploads/6364_hpim1752jpg_raised_bed_2.jpg
Wow, 4g...you live in a purty area. Bet you have a lot of wild game in the freezer to serve with those veggies.

4grandbabies

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
boggybranch said:
4grandbabies said:
http://www.theeasygarden.com/forum/uploads/6364_hpim1750jpg_eaised_beds_1.jpghttp://www.theeasygarden.com/forum/uploads/6364_hpim1752jpg_raised_bed_2.jpg
Wow, 4g...you live in a purty area. Bet you have a lot of wild game in the freezer to serve with those veggies.
Not like we used to since my hubby has parkinsons, we are even afraid for him to fish, because he might topple in, but yes, in the past, there were deer,fish and other goodies...at least it helped when we were raising the kiddies. I canned carp one year, and we used them for "salmon" patties that winter.. I dont get around any better than he does-- on anything that is not smoother than a sidewalk--, but this country girl keeps trying. I was able to help with the raised bed project, but had to rest a lot, and take a lot of tylenol and "other". I did get to sit and plant the strawberry bed yeah for raised beds!!