Vertical garden fittings for sale(photos up finally)

AmyRey

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
Collector said:
Welcome, Those tubes are kinda neat, I dont know a thing about how they work though!
Yes, please explain.

I guess they're filled with dirt? I can see it being used for small things (strawberries) but bigger plants would have a tough time - I think. Maybe?

I'd love to see more pictures. (I know, I know) lol

vfem

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
Here:

f536717eaf7b3c5c0c42cc31871bef10.JPG

They look cool, I bet they would be awesome for strawberries! :)

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
Is that what they are? They don't look too tall. We need more info. such as how tall they are, how you water them, what is best to grow in them, etc.

Welcome to TEH! Hope to have you share your gardening experience with us.

Mary

vfem

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
I was wondering, how much dirt is taken to fill these and are they purely decorative? DO you have a system set up for fruit/veggie production in these?

It looks like we can buy any number of pieces and make this as tall or short as we want to?

mkey42

Leafing Out
Reaction score
Yes,you fill with soil , or they accept 2"net baskets if you want to try soil-less.I tested earlier towers both ways.In the soil(80% top soil-20% potting soil) lowest level i planted peppers,next up romain lettuce,next level up thai pepper,next up mint ,and then cilantro in top..(footprint 16"x16") and can go higher,I decided to lean to soil,using my mother and her friends for input(no pumps)I started putting finishes on towers ,due to the contraption look until plants fill out,and has evolved to vinyl .I know there are a lot of people that love to garden ,but cant do the physical part of it.

mkey42

Leafing Out
Reaction score
wow ,thanks for putting up pic,Yes fittings are interlocking and you can go as high as you want.1 bag of soil will do 1 with a planter with some left over.picture is a balcony unit that i have been selling locally.I have the spiked base for backyard and working on a interlocking lattice and common irrIgation line for top

Featherbaby

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
You mentioned an irrigation line? How do you water it? what keeps the bottom plants from staying too wet and the top ones from staying too dry?

Latest posts