Very excited

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Sport?

Pearl's continue to come back the same, year after year ... but there once was a suspicious plant where I thought that I had placed one of Grandma's. I had seed from an earlier season to use, the next year.

Just take a step back in years for still viable seed for those plants.

Steve

SprigOfTheLivingDead

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
has ridging like a beef heart tomato.

I'm excited for you :)

However,
Ziegler's fleisch. There's some others who are saving the tomato but they have the spelling wrong. The name means "brick makers flesh" or "flesh like a brick".

a tomato with flesh like a brick does not sound appetizing.

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Have you read @Bluejay77 's story how he got back into seed networking? It's on his website :).

He learned that one of his discoveries was being actively sold and traded after he had put it out there years before.

I'm gonna guess that it was a young man's discovery and that BlueJay is now retired. Fun! Probably made him feel real good ...

Steve

SprigOfTheLivingDead

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
I have some seed from 2014 season still and I will use it next year. Don't let the name fool you.
Haha! Oh, I believe you. I just find the name funny. I bet the name was meant to refer to the color, but I immediately think of texture

Todd Ziegler

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
Haha! Oh, I believe you. I just find the name funny. I bet the name was meant to refer to the color, but I immediately think of texture
It does and something could be lost in the translation. My last name Ziegler means one who makes bricks. Fleisch is German for flesh.

Latest posts