Very first

rmonge00

Leafing Out
Reaction score
Nice radishes!

I grew some that didn't bulb either - anyone know why??

Ryan

StupidBird

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
just wanted to share a miracle discovery. Since my radishes very often turn too hot, I found slicing thinly, liberaly salting with a dash of sugar and let set an hour or so before making the salad. Tones down the heat very nicely.

M.sue

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
OK....I don't like radishes but my DH does. We plant them every year. I never use them for anything because I don't like them but he eats them like crazy when in season. I have never had them sauteed, everything dish I've seen them in were always raw. Slicing them very thin and sauteing them in butter & garlic is something I might try.

momofdrew

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I have never had sauted radish... I just may have to try that next spring... I raise radishes every year for salads and eating raw...

jaj121159

Sprout
Reaction score
Kassaundra said:
Quarter them and saute them in butter, garlic powder and pepper, they are even better!
Never heard of that before. I'll have to try that.

HunkieDorie23

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Can you cook them like other root veggies... ie throw them in a pan with potatoes, sweet potatoes, carrots and onion with a little olive oil, salt and pepper?
I think my brother has extra seed from last year. My aunt wanted him to try them and gave him 4 packs of seeds. Crazy.

Kassaundra

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
HunkieDorie23 said:
Can you cook them like other root veggies... ie throw them in a pan with potatoes, sweet potatoes, carrots and onion with a little olive oil, salt and pepper?
I think my brother has extra seed from last year. My aunt wanted him to try them and gave him 4 packs of seeds. Crazy.
Yes.

Chelsie roy

Sprout
Reaction score
hi
i am new and indian.my parents always say that you must have beet root.This is benefit for your health. The rich maroon flesh of this root vegetable is naturally sweet and nutritious. As an added bonus, the leaves are also edible and can be prepared in the same manner as Swiss chard.

trunkman

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
I've grown radishes since I was a boy, I'm 50 now and just learned this past spring that radish greens were edible, now I pick them when young and crisp, rinse them off with the hose and eat the whole thing, greens and all.. One day my son came and visited and I asked him if he knew how to eat a radish, having watched me for years he said of course I do, then I pulled one out of the garden, rinsed it and started eating it from the greens to the bulb, he got bug eyed, laughed and picked himself one and did the same, we'll never eat radishes the same way again... :D

Latest posts