Vizcaya House that farm equiment Fortune Built

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
Since John Deere, therefore the fortune, were made here in Wisconsin I would have expected closer than a Florida trip. Sigh!

Checked up. There is a John Deere mansion closer than Florida, but still not in Wisconsin. It seems that Red Cliff Manor, the John Deere Mansion, is in Moline, Illinois. Either my history is wrong or the factory was not the center of John Deere enterprises.

Carol Dee

Garden Master
Reaction score
I also thought the John Deere fortune began in Moline, IL @Smart Red . The John Deere golf open is held at Deere Run golf course there.

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
I certainly don't intend to argue with the internet. It is on there so it must be true.

All I really knew about the John Deere company is that they built their farm machinery in Milwaukee, Wisconsin. That's why I thought the "JD fortune" might have started in Wis.

Nyboy

Garden Master
Reaction score
The website said the deering harvester enabled harvest of a acre of grain an hour. But list company name as International Harvester not John Deere

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
Deering Harvester Company was started by Wm. Deering not John Deere. In time the Deering name was dropped and Harvester Company -- eventually International Harvester Co. -- grew from there. We currently have a IH tractor for seldom done field work.

Latest posts