Wagon,barrel,or cart?

Mattemma

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
Just an update on my cart. I don't like it. Wish I could get a wheelbarrel. Will ask dh to load one on top of his van. The cart can not hold any soil at all without being so akward to move. I end up lugging soil in 5 gallon buckets.

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
Yep, IMO wheel barrows are the best. Mine is a lightweight "racing" barrow (contractor size ) that is easy to pick up and put in the truck for work.
I like the maneuverability, I can weave around plants and dump with precision ;) !
ETA I have a wagon like that Wifezi, it's great for towing behind the quad with feed bags or heavy bulky stuff.

SweetMissDaisy

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
gettinaclue said:
I just got a wagon from TSC this year. Pulls like a regular wagon, but has a handle you pull out and the bed will lift and dump - like a dump truck. It also has some heavy duty wheels on it that make taking it in the garden MUCH MUCH easier.
I have this same wagon, and also love it. I like that I can attach it to the mower if I want to, but it's light enough to pull FULL by hand. The tires are GREAT!!! :)

SweetMissDaisy

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
wifezilla said:
I have a wheel barrel and I hate it. I always end up using a Radio Flyer wagon :D

When that gives out I am getting one of these...
http://www.google.com/products/cata...=X&ei=0cj0TeK3FIOssAPD6bHFCw&ved=0CLcBEPMCMAI
I have one of those and don't use it as much as my wagon that has a "solid" top. I find the solid version is better for hauling dirt, which it seems I do more often than anything else. :) And I like the "dump truck" way of dumping, rather than having to tip the wagon sideways.

(NOT MY PHOTO)
DSCF9979.jpg

4grandbabies

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score

KelpticFest

Sprout
Reaction score
I have both - the big metal-framed wooden cart with a removable/tiltable dump front and big wheels, and the rubbermaid-type plastic 2-wheel barrow thingie. Wouldn't give up either one. The plastic one is great for liquids and sloppy stuff like wet soil or compost, and water if you have to haul some somewhere. The big cart is the only way I can move large amounts of soil, potted plants, and dryish dirt; it will also haul lumber, cinder blocks, etc. It's also great when pruning and brush-cutting - lots of branches and weeds fit in there. I can haul beehives and bee materials too, if necessary.
:bee