Wait... What month is it??

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
Cricket,

One year, I brought wheelbarrow load after wheelbarrow load of weeping willow chips down the hill from a Park Department storage yard (after asking ;)). They were used to cover all the outside paths in one garden.

I'm not sure if it was the next year or the one after (probably), I had all these morel mushrooms in my garden near the wood chip mulch. The one and only time that I had usable mushrooms in my garden :D.

Steve

Dirtmechanic

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
We got a frost last night but the soil was so warm it didn’t even really last until sun up. Despite the frost the soil is still warm enough to start planting today.
We just avoided the frost down here. I felt fortunate. In 1993 we had a snowstorm that was on the ground for more than a week.

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
Cricket,

One year, I brought wheelbarrow load after wheelbarrow load of weeping willow chips down the hill from a Park Department storage yard (after asking ;)). They were used to cover all the outside paths in one garden.

I'm not sure if it was the next year or the one after (probably), I had all these morel mushrooms in my garden near the wood chip mulch. The one and only time that I had usable mushrooms in my garden :D.

Steve

if you ever see any in the wild and harvest them, rinse them off and save the rinse water and scatter it in various places around the yard. that is what we did when my brother gave me a few and within a few years we had them starting in various places here including in the limestone mulch. :)