Waiting on the vet's office to open

journey11

Garden Master
Reaction score
I woke up this morning and found my house looks like a murder scene!

My dog has burst one of her skin cancer tumors and it has bled like crazy ALL over the carpet in every room downstairs. :barnie She was messing with it a lot, so I bought a Comfy Cone and put it on her and she somehow got around the cone and got to it anyway. The spot has stopped bleeding, for now. I have some blood-stop powder on hand if I need it.

If I had known these spots would trouble her so much (she can't quit licking at them), I would have had them removed right away. As it was, the vet and I were both hesitant to put her through a 3rd surgery since they just keep coming back. She's 13 and is feeling so good for her age otherwise, which makes this so much more upsetting to me. If I'd known it was going to do this, I would have had the surgery done when I first spotted the small lesions before they'd grown. Now she is going to have to have surgery anyway. :\ She's outlived the life expectancy for this aggressive cancer by a year and a half longer than they told me she'd have. I am so thankful for that.

I'm going to have to burn this carpet. There's no salvaging it. :(

ETA: We've got an appt for 10:40.

Last edited:

journey11

Garden Master
Reaction score
Thanks Nyboy, I will definitely try that. Gonna take a couple gallons!

canesisters

Garden Master
Reaction score
Oh NO! I hope all goes well at the vets today.
sLo_comfort.gif

x2 on the h2o2 - takes blood out - but will leave a bit of a tan stain on light carpet. To finish it off - spray white vinager on the stains and then sprinkle with baking soda. Leave to dry (maybe 2 days for BIG spots) then scrub to loosen and vacuum up. I had several years-old stains in my dining room from bloody diah. when one of my dogs was going through chemo. Took 2 tmts but they vanished from the cream carpet.

journey11

Garden Master
Reaction score
You guys are the best! I didn't know what to do. I've taken blood out with ammonia before, but the fumes from that much ammonia would kill us all, I'm sure. :th Now peroxide, I can handle. My carpet cleaner broke the last time I used it too. I'm going to have to rent one.

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
@journey11, I am sorry to hear what's going on at your place. Somethings are just tougher than others to figure what's the right thing to do and when. Good luck with the carpet -- and all the additional cleaning.

I hope your furry family member continues to beat the odds.

so lucky

Garden Master
Reaction score
Good luck to you and your dog. So sad for you both. Oh, and don't use hot water on blood stains. Cold water and lots of salt works good, as does the peroxide.

Latest posts