Waiting on the vet's office to open

AMKuska

Garden Master
Reaction score

journey11

Garden Master
Reaction score
Have you considered adding a little turmeric to her foods? I'm not sure how much it will help, but there have been a lot of studies out lately about curcumin (found in turmeric) and its many potential health benefits, an anti-cancer being one of them. Here's a couple links:

http://umm.edu/health/medical/altmed/herb/turmeric

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/17569225

I'm not saying it'll help, but its worth a shot. :)

They specifically indicated it for skin cancer too, applied topically. And internally for arthritis. Sounds like everybody ought to take turmeric! :)

Nyboy

Garden Master
Reaction score
Journey don't know what kind of collar you are using, but they come a long way from the big plastic cones. The one I use on my dogs is like a donut, goes around neck and you blow it up with air. Because its not covering head, much less stressful for dog to wear. It works by not letting dog turn head far enough to reach body.

catjac1975

Garden Master
Reaction score
When I have a pet stain on the carpet I use warm water with a bit of bleach. Try a hidden area first. But, I soak it, and then leave a folded up white towel on it. It draws the moisture and the stain up into the towel. Then the towel can be laundered in bleach to kill the germs.

canesisters

Garden Master
Reaction score
EUUuuwwwwwwww jelly
sSig_nonosign.gif

Now, those little mini "Crunch" donuts yummmmm
4chsmu1[1].gif

.... aaaaaand there we go again....
sSig_threadhijacked.gif

REALLY AM glad she's doing better. Pred will help. When my Frankie's cancer came back, the vet said "He doesn't know he's sick and we're not going to tell him. Let's just focus on keeping him feeling like Frankie for as long as we can."

journey11

Garden Master
Reaction score
REALLY AM glad she's doing better. Pred will help. When my Frankie's cancer came back, the vet said "He doesn't know he's sick and we're not going to tell him. Let's just focus on keeping him feeling like Frankie for as long as we can."

Thanks, Cane, that's the best way to look at it. I'm so sorry you've had to go through this too! :hugs I think the thing I hate most is that I've looked upon her with sadness and worry for 3 years now, but like you've said, she doesn't know anything's wrong with her.

@catjac1975 , that's a good idea, to wick it upward so it won't spread outward!

@Nyboy , I found one of those on Amazon and bought it. I went by the neck measurements, but the one they sent me was too large. I think I should have measured up higher behind her ears. Of course, pitbulls tend to have thicker necks and pinheads, lol. I started to order another smaller one, but went with the comfy cone instead (it's not plastic, but soft and somewhat flexible). I really liked the design on the donut collar though, since it doesn't block their vision.