WalMart score!!!

desertlady

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
So I went to Walmart here in my town and hoping they will be on clearance sale. NOPE! The bags looks so dried up and they will not mark it down for me !! :(

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
OldGuy43 said:
This is my favorite version of that:

Quality is like buying oats. If you want nice, clean, fresh oats, you must pay a fair price. However, if you can be satisfied with oats that have already been through the horse ... that comes a little cheaper.
Never heard of it being attributed to Franklin, though. :idunno

But than oats that have been through the horse make better compost, huh? ;)
Used oats, free manure...........recycled hay and feed pellets.........yes, I am a self avowed super-duper-pooper-scooper!!

seedcrazy

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
No deals like that for us, they had one pallet of small bags of manure/compost and sold out before the season even got started. I do have a question though. They talk about all the antibiotics/steroids they give animals and about eating the meat making us antibiotic resistant. I have to wonder about the manure and how it affects our soil/food we grow in it? Anybody have any thoughts?

paulpruiett

Sprout
Reaction score
About an hour ago I read your post about the cow manure/compost at Walmart. Immediately I got in my van and drove to Walmart. They had 40# bags of "Cow Manure/ Compost") regularly priced at $1.35 per bag. I bought 20 bags for my little 4 X 32 Ft. Florida city garden. I noted that it has the same 0.5 NPK as "Black Kow" which cost $4.95 per #40 bag.
Thanks for the tip. I hope it is as beneficial as the Black kow I have been using.

Latest posts