Want to move the compost bin.

boggybranch

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Good idea HiD,

When I move it, I'll put a board edging around the spot (a "faux" raised bed) and grow herbs and/or peppers...and use them leached nutrients.

HiDelight

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
boggybranch said:
Good idea HiD,

When I move it, I'll put a board edging around the spot (a "faux" raised bed) and grow herbs and/or peppers...and use them leached nutrients.
exactly :) you got it!!! Sometimes I talk and talk and am not sure what I am writing sounds like what I am thinking :)

it also keeps "vermin" on its toes if you keep moving it around!

I am telling you the VERY best most productive ..beds I have are the ones I just moved the composting bin away from left my pile and edged it like you said with boards or rocks or whatever I could find ..no digging no fuss no muss just plant away! !!!

my garden tricks are mostly ..go with what is happening not against it :)

but those darn buttercups ...errrrrrrrr! it is me against them ..the thing that drives me nuts is both the buttercups and and the blasted morning glory came from my old yard when I moved some plants over :(

I gardened here for years for my friend before we moved to this very place ..and I can tell you there was not a single of either in the past

oh well we have to fight something in life dont we ..I will take this battle over some other ones!

last year I moved the bin and have black plastic over the last pile now to keep the weeds off while I think about what I want to plant

it is a not so sunny spot this year I want something fragrant and pretty there

I love compost dont you? ..this is one thing any gardener who does not do is nutso!!!! this is our gold!!! :love

boggybranch

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I really love gardening, but it is 3rd on my all time list of things I REALLY, REALLY, R E A L L Y like to do.

(1) First place goes to breathing

(2) Second is composting

Latest posts