Want to see my greenhouse?

MoonShadows

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
Well, I didn't say it was built just yet. It just arrived today...11 boxes, a little over 1000lbs. An 8 x 16 Sunshine Garden Mt. Rainier Greenhouse!

001-greenhouse.jpg

This second picture is of the 4 - 6"x6"'s I had cut at a local sawmill that will serve as my foundation. That sandy area is where we are going to put it. We used to have a pool there.

002-greenhouse.jpg

Here a link to what it will look like...eventually: http://www.greenthumbgreenhouses.com/hobby-greenhouses/sunshine-gardenhouse-mt-rainier/

seedcorn

Garden Master
Reaction score
Wait, you ask and before we get a chance to answer, you show it? Why ask. I'm offended!!!!! :frow

Now you have to show pix after assembled....

MoonShadows

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
Plenty of pix to come.................

Ridgerunner

Garden Master
Reaction score
You can do so much with that in NE Pa. Anchor it down well and enjoy.

Those automatic vents are interesting. I don't know how reliable they are but something like that makes it a lot more useable. The only other question is do you need heat for those really cold nights?

Have you considered putting water inside? That might be real convenient.

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
Now THAT was a silly question, @MoonShadows! Were you really expecting someone on TEG to say, "Naw, maybe later?"

I did expect to see more than cardboard boxes, but hey, that's what you got and that's what you had to share. My tiny, small, minuscule, wee, diminutive greenhouse came all in one box.

You are going to be so happy with that beautiful greenhouse! I, too, have greenhouse envy.

CrazyFeathers

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
My greenhouse was made from all recycled materials except the plastic.
Moonshadows that is one nice looking green house, it appears you have a lot of work to do, but it will be a labor of love I'm sure.

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
What a nice greenhouse! My equipment shed is 8x16 so I can visualize the space you'll have. I like the redwood framing. Will you be using it for starting only or will you grow in it during the season too?