Want to Start an Herb Garden

TheSeedObsesser

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
We use apple cider vinegar in that way often, So Lucky. I'd recommend it to anyone here. Taking a spoonful of apple cider vinegar will also help or get rid of heartburn. The problem with heartburn is that you don't have enough acid to digest your food correctly, not that you have too much. We've got a bottle of homemade apple cider vinegar from a Czech immigrant friend and it is way better than the store-bought stuff, both in flavor and medicinal properties.

TheSeedObsesser

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
ACV and honey, good combo. :thumbsup

What kind of honey do you use? We use Manuka, from an Australian tree and very expensive but worth it because it has stronger properties - much sweeter too! If we don't have Manuka we just use any kind of honey from local beekeepers.

so lucky

Garden Master
Reaction score
Me too. Just noting that our local honey has gone up about 40% in price in the last two years. :(

Time to get me some bees!

so lucky

Garden Master
Reaction score
Oh, and I read that the honey you buy in the grocery store can be diluted with corn syrup, from China, then repackaged in the US with a label that says pure honey. Always find a trusted local source if you possibly can.

Bluebonnet

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
ACV and honey, good combo. :thumbsup

What kind of honey do you use? We use Manuka, from an Australian tree and very expensive but worth it because it has stronger properties - much sweeter too! If we don't have Manuka we just use any kind of honey from local beekeepers.

I prefer Tupelo honey from Florida.

Bluebonnet

Attractive To Bees
Reaction score
Oh, and I read that the honey you buy in the grocery store can be diluted with corn syrup, from China, then repackaged in the US with a label that says pure honey. Always find a trusted local source if you possibly can.

Which is why I have my own beehives. I keep one in my garden and one in my fruit orchard situated among the citrus.

When making home remedies, I prefer to buy Tupelo honey and keep my own honey for dessert making.