Wanted-I know this is ridiculus...but

freshfood

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
Hey, everyone,

I repeat - anyone who wants the kind of sumac with the red berries that you can make sumac-ade from, I have tons of it.

I'm happy to dig it and send it off, just let me know!

bluebird

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
I've had the "lemonade", and it IS good!

Robin, you crazy nut....! I'll go to the park & find some for ya.....:hugs

robbobbin

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
Hey Carol, wait til you see my yard...It's really changed. I got some unusuals...hehehe
I can't wait til Sept. swap to see you. If I don't find any more sumac-maybe I'll hit you up...lol
I'm also scrounging for Elderberry plants-Gotta fill that yard in with something-and it's time for some free things again!!

I'm really proud of my Tiger eye's sumac and ninebark and roses and threadleaf maple and Mimosa and...come see chickie!!

bluebird

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
:( I can't make the September swap in Knox...:he

Our Bonneyville Mill Celebration is that same weekend. Maybe you can spend the night?

chickaD

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
We have a grove of sumac (not the poisonous kind) in our backyard, and I'd be glad to send some red fuzzy seeds (OK, it's silly, but they're called berries) to anyone who's interested. They attract a wide variety of birds, esp as the winter wears on.......there's nothing like seeing a flock of sporty Evening Grosbeaks (who look like they're wearing goofy yellow sunglasses :cool:) pigging out on them! And I just like the funky jungle look of the leaves - as close to palm trees as a Vermonter is gonna get!

me&thegals

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
We've got sumac like crazy here in WI, too. I had an old fella ask me once if I'd ever made sumac tea, but I heard it as 'sumakti', like some sort of ancient Asian dish or something :) Once I figured out what he was talking about, I was able to point him to some bushes, after which he made us some delightful chilled sumac tea :)

It's gorgeous here in fall with its large clumps of flowering (what--pods? berry cluster?) thingies and bright red foliage!

chickaD

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
:yuckyuck

Oh yeah, I forgot about the flamboyant red fall color - often the brightest thing in our yard.

Latest posts