Waretrop's Gardens

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
I have soil like that too Waretrop, lots of rocks. @digitS' deals with the same. I have a dry creek bed (ornamental only, don't need it for drainage ) and beds that are lined with boulders, all from our property.
It makes it challenging for planting trees and shrubs, but boy do we have good drainage!

so lucky

Garden Master
Reaction score
We have to import rocks around here. All we have is clay, clay, clay.
@waretrop, your gardens are beautiful. It's so nice when you and your spouse have the same goals in mind.

waretrop

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
In general, @so lucky , we have the same goals but sometimes HE has to dig something up just to put it in the right place. He has learned to listen to me..:lol:

majorcatfish

Garden Master
Reaction score
very nice place you two have.. as long as you let him play with big toys , he will listen. otherwise it will be selective listening.......you said what?:lol:

waretrop

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I have offered to buy him some big toys. He just has trouble saying yes to such big items. He'd rather rent them or borrow them..We could have used those toys years ago. Not so much now....

I will tell you that he is a shopahaulic like @Nyboy LOL Ebay and craighslist every night when he comes home to check out the new things listed.....LOL I never shop for bigger items. I say, "Honey, I need a ***** " and he sets out on a venture to find it....The next thing I hear is, "It's on it's way honey". Yes, even cars....but we have to go get them...LOL

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
I love your park like setting. I can't imagine having that much land. My entire yard is probably still smaller than your smallest bed.

I would love to see new pictures where it is all filled in.

Mary

journey11

Garden Master
Reaction score
The trees are gorgeous. They really anchor all the other plantings, having those different layers of canopy. I love evergreens.

Larisa

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Great ideas and perfect incarnation! I love!