WARNING!!!!! My lady friends

Devonviolet

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Glad to hear you are felling better Dew. And to back track a bit to the dryer sheet topic.... I use the Wool felted dryer balls. They work great. I should hang out more than I do but always put towels in dryer because I do not like the stiff towels. (Or jeans).]
I did a load of wash a while ago & took a photo of my 4 wool, felted dryer balls.
0414161325-1-1.jpg

They do a great job fluffing our clothes & helping them dry faster. Each skein of 100% wool yarn cost about $6/ skein. I was curious about the cost to buy the sheep balls :lol:. So, I looked online & found them on Amazon. They had the HomeCo ones, but these seemed to be the same thing, for less $12.99/6:
http://www.amazon.com/Handy-Laundry...65789&sr=8-6&keywords=felted+wool+dryer+balls

DRAT! :he I sure wish I had found these before I spent $24 for 4 skeins of yarn & made sheep balls! :gig

P.S. @baymule. I told DH what you said about the sheep balls & what you did to that big burley guy, with the AXE, and he cracked up! He thinks the world of you & loves your sense of humor!

ninnymary

Garden Master
Reaction score
I've never worn perfume. I think they are all super strong even if you use just a little bit. I also hate men's cologne and fortunately my husband only uses it on very rare occasions.

Devon, how did you manage to make those balls so perfectly round? Also, how did you tie the end?

Mary

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
upload_2016-4-14_19-36-33.png

Ok, feeling a little guilty now........these are blue....do ya' think my previously boy sheeps would notice the color difference if I duct taped them back on?? What about it @Devonviolet ?? Feel like making a donation for a good cause? :)

Devonviolet

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Ok, feeling a little guilty now........these are blue....do ya' think my previously boy sheeps would notice the color difference if I duct taped them back on?? What about it @Devonviolet ?? Feel like making a donation for a good cause? :)
:yuckyuck
:lol: :gig :lol:
They didn't even flinch when you
did the deed!
Somehow I think
now that they are older,
they would look at you
like you were a crazy
woman!!!
:lol:

Beekissed

Garden Master
Reaction score
I might have DH buy a bar of FN & cook up a small batch of that detergent outside, on the BBQ grill, so we can try it. I know there are recipes out there. But, could I get yours Beekissed?

I make 4 gal. at a time...actually, they are a little larger than a gallon. I scavenge for used large laundry detergent bottles from folks when I need them, but they last such a long time I've only had to do that two or three times in all these years. I remove the pour spout from the top of the jug to make it easier to fill and the caps make for good measuring, so the laundry jugs are the best I've found to use for this.

I use 1 bar of FN, grated
1 c. Borax
1 c. Arm&Hammer Washing Soda
8 c. of water

Melt grated FN in the water, then add powdered ingredients, stir well until all things are dissolved well. Part out the hot mixture between the 4 jugs, then fill each jug to the top with cool water, shake well and let sit 24 hr before use. Will need to shake it up again before use and maybe a few times as you use the jug. I just use the cap to measure out enough for a large load, much as I would if I were using the store bought.

It should be a sort of gel consistency, sometimes it will have chunks of gelled material~those should break up with the shaking. It will not suds in the washing machine, so this detergent is also really good for those newer front loader machines, as well as being really good for the septic system.

It can leave whites a little dingy over time, but that's easily remedied with using vinegar in the rinse with your whites. I can honestly say it's as good or better than the commercial soaps for getting out stains and odors from clothing.

I think someone worked out the price per load and it was around $.02 per load....of course, that amount will vary according to the price of the ingredients where you live.

Devonviolet

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Devon, how did you manage to make those balls so perfectly round? Also, how did you tie the end?

Mary
I started by wrapping the yarn around my four fingers about 20 times, pulled that off, folded it in half & started winding, moving each wrap 1 strand width (without being too persnickity). Every 10-15 wraps I shifted around the ball 1/2 to 1" eyeballing it to keep the ball balanced. Occasionally it looked a bit out of round, so I unwrapped a bit & changed where I wrapped.

When I came to the end, I tucked the end under a couple wraps.

Once I had 4 balls, I got a pair of old panty hose - haven't worn them in many years! The first one went into the toe of one leg, which I cut off at the crotch. After adding the first ball, I tied a knot & added another ball, and so on, in till all 4 balls are strung together. That is when the balls went in the wash. After they went through the dryer, I cut the nylon off. Some of the wool fibers worked themselves through the nylon, so it was a bit of a job to separate the nylon from the balls. But, being a stubborn German/Irish, my persistence paid off. When they were free of the nylon, they were felted. So, they stayed together nicely.

Latest posts