WARNING!!!!! My lady friends

Devonviolet

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Thanks, @Beekissed. We have everything, except the FN. We have only one laundry detergent bottle a on just went out in the trash today. :barnie however, we have 2 gallon (I think) jugs that our kitty litter comes in. We can store the detergent in those & pour it into the one detergent bottle we have.

I sure hope I can use your recipe without reacting! :fl

Beekissed

Garden Master
Reaction score
Thanks, @Beekissed. We have everything, except the FN. We have only one laundry detergent bottle a on just went out in the trash today. :barnie however, we have 2 gallon (I think) jugs that our kitty litter comes in. We can store the detergent in those & pour it into the one detergent bottle we have.

I sure hope I can use your recipe without reacting! :fl

I hope that for you too! There are many people who use no detergent at all in their clothing and that may be an option too. Some just use the laundry boosters for cleansing and that is another option. My grandma used to just use lye soap and a wash board back in the day....rub the soap bar on the wash board, scrub the clothing on top of that, etc.

It's only this modern society that believes that sudsing and scenting is what keeps clothing clean, but it's usually the agitation in water that does the most....of course, adding an element that lets oils and odors release from the fibers is nice but folks used to sun/air dry their clothing and that used to be pretty effective for a final deodorizing action.

Beekissed

Garden Master
Reaction score
Reminds me of one night of card playing with my sons when Mom and I were standing at the sink and she wanted me to see the nice blue, heavy jugs she had gotten from Walmart(we draw up water to store in case of a power out)...I could hear the snickers behind me start to grow.

Then they burst out in loud guffaws as she also exclaimed how much she loved her new blue dryer balls. As she waxed ecstatic over her blue jugs and blue balls, I could feel my face starting to twitch and hers growing more puzzled as the laughter behind us grew louder. I finally had to explain to my poor, innocent old ma why my boys were laughing their fool heads off. It has since become a fond family joke to remind Mom of her big blue balls and jugs.

Latest posts