Watch out for it!!!!!

April Manier

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
7238_spring_is.jpg

lesa

Garden Master
Reaction score
I'm watching!! Sunday was a glorious 60 degrees. I actually got out in the garden, man it felt good! We have cold weather coming, but I think you are right... spring is right around the corner!

Chickie'sMomaInNH

Garden Master
Reaction score
heh. it's supposed to get to 48 today and 50's tomorrow. though we New Englangers start shedding the thickest layers when it gets into the 30's! i was walking my dog wearing my hoodie as a jacket in that temp. :D still had to wear my clunky boots though since it's now going into mud season.

let the construction/destruction season begin on the roads again!

897tgigvib

Garden Master
Reaction score
It is really feeling like spring has sprung here! I trust my feelings.

Two years ago I felt summer on June 8th, last year I felt summer right around May 8th. I believe I will feel summer by mid April this year.

Here in northern California our weather changes with the changing of air flow from between Anchorage and the Aleutians, changing to from due west when spring sproings. Feels like that part is happening. Summer's weather patterns happen when I feel the prevailing wind from further south.

I have the visual advantage of seeing the prevailing wind direction on the lake, the direction of the little surface waves. More than that though, I can feel the temperature of the air. I do wonder if that has to do with my hyperthyroid. Variations of inner warmth and skin surface temperature. I just feel it.

My soil looks like spring soil too. Hard to describe. It just looks good. Alive.

Course. It's the ole hippy in me.

:rainbow-sun

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
so lucky said:
That red spring needs a pair of googly eyes attached to it. :D
The spring is red? Sigh! I'm still seeing green, green, and shades of green.

Not much sign of spring here, yet. Snow all over. Snow last night. Nope! Spring hasn't even peeked in. Winter is still going strong. Wish it would just go.

897tgigvib

Garden Master
Reaction score
Smart, this little acer chromebook 11.6" might not be a hotrod, but at 220 bucks counting tax, makes a pretty good basic internet computer, and might be a good one to use until you get a serious one and then keep as a backup spare.

I hope you aren't getting any radiation from that bad monitor.

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
Just got my computer back from a 4 day stay at the tech-doctors. Hip, hip, and all that. I decided to switch my flat screen TV into a monitor, but was missing one cord. While traipsing down the office supply store waiting for service, I spotted a monitor on sale - bigger screen than my old monitor as well as flat and light.

Couldn't pass that deal. Now I get to keep my bedroom TV - mostly for the first morning news and weather - and DVD player for the grands. AND, the spring IS red! Neat!

This is the last post I had left to read from four pages of messages I missed during that uncomfortable withdrawal period without a computer.

SO. . . thank you for the info on the dangers of faulty monitors. Dangerous or not, I couldn't manage reading or working with all that green in the house. Of course I had to set up the new monitor to learn of those dangers. Problem solved!

Love and good to be back, Smart Red

PS: Sorry, I'm a MAC addict as long as I don't need a new computer. Once this dies I don't know what I'll do.

897tgigvib

Garden Master
Reaction score
some things about chromebooks are like macs. it's not windows. all internet oriented. my cheapy here is great, but limited on apps, and dwarf small.

Latest posts