Watch where you step!

Greensage45

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
blue skys said:
There is a copper head that has been living in our garage all summer...
:th

OMG, now this is not a snake to have around. I have personally witnessed the 'territory defense strike' of a Copperhead. They will literally lunge and chase down someone in their domain. It is a protection response! A very aggressive snake.

I would find this one a new home for sure; in Heaven or otherwise! For any mice control, just put the word out to the neighborhood kids that you want a Gopher/Rat snake, or what is called Bull Snake. These will clear all the mice out in less than a month's time.

Garter snakes of course have a different diet all together. Fish, frogs, and sometimes little birds. Lots of big insects. :thumbsup

Ron

Broke Down Ranch

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Greensage45 said:
blue skys said:
There is a copper head that has been living in our garage all summer...
:th

OMG, now this is not a snake to have around. I have personally witnessed the 'territory defense strike' of a Copperhead. They will literally lunge and chase down someone in their domain. It is a protection response! A very aggressive snake.

I would find this one a new home for sure; in Heaven or otherwise! For any mice control, just put the word out to the neighborhood kids that you want a Gopher/Rat snake, or what is called Bull Snake. These will clear all the mice out in less than a month's time.

Garter snakes of course have a different diet all together. Fish, frogs, and sometimes little birds. Lots of big insects. :thumbsup

Ron
There is still the remnants carcass of a 4' copperhead that Roger shot after I was within 1' of stepping in the middle of one. Roger was stepping out where our new goat pen would be when he came across a pair mating. I came running with the gun, he took a shot but that was the last one so I went back for more ammo. Was on my way back and dang near stepped in the big middle of it. Roger was able to CAREFULLY find the business end and took care of it....

injunjoe

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
All right now!

If we must off them! Can we at least use what they offer?
The skin is easy to save. The meat is the best! No it does not taste like chicken!

Our forefathers / mothers made baby rattles of there tails.

Joseph