Water Filter Back Up

Marie2020

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
With power cuts many of us have experienced and a variant of problems that could occur, I thought it a good idea to add this really informative clip I found.

Alasgun

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
We use and have used for over 30 years the Berkey products. Flawless, affordable, reliable etc.
Any effort toward water sufficiency is an effort well spent. We’re filtering well water before we drink it so it’s already pretty clean but we carry one with us when we travel to elimenate clorine in city water or to be certain about campground water.

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
i keep some jugs of water on hand for times when the power goes out. we haven't needed them yet, but in case of trouble they're better than nothing. in a pinch they'll also work as toilet flushing water.

when the power goes out the first thing i do is turn off the hot water heater and then get out a few buckets and drain the pressure off the water system and keep that water for flushing toilets. while i'm at it i also fill up my drinking water cup and a gallon or so of water for drinking besides all the other jugs of water i have on hand already. that's why as of yet i've not had to get into the water jugs themselves for drinking water.

Marie2020

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
i keep some jugs of water on hand for times when the power goes out. we haven't needed them yet, but in case of trouble they're better than nothing. in a pinch they'll also work as toilet flushing water.

when the power goes out the first thing i do is turn off the hot water heater and then get out a few buckets and drain the pressure off the water system and keep that water for flushing toilets. while i'm at it i also fill up my drinking water cup and a gallon or so of water for drinking besides all the other jugs of water i have on hand already. that's why as of yet i've not had to get into the water jugs themselves for drinking water.
We have had a couple of water cutting out here. One time there was a leak in the pipe and our electricity has also cut of twice.

It's good to be prepared.. :)

Latest posts