Water Filters

Marie2020

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
For some time I have been using the reverse osmosis and now I think I have made a bit of a boo boo.
My supplier is not cheap so recently I tried saving a little money (but that as usual is more like a gamble with me) and I purchased a few membranes from an aquarium supplier...

My question is, Would anyone here know if this would be similar too the human reverse osmossis?

Try as I might I just cannot find this answer on Google. I hope someone here will have an idea on this

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
For some time I have been using the reverse osmosis and now I think I have made a bit of a boo boo.
My supplier is not cheap so recently I tried saving a little money (but that as usual is more like a gamble with me) and I purchased a few membranes from an aquarium supplier...

My question is, Would anyone here know if this would be similar too the human reverse osmossis?

Try as I might I just cannot find this answer on Google. I hope someone here will have an idea on this

regular use of RO water is not that good for drinking as you're removing a lot of the minerals - are you taking a mineral supplement and do you eat a varied diet? that would be my concern.

RO water that is aquarium safe (especially for marine reef aquariums will be very clean as reefs are very sensitive to copper poisoning - i used to keep reef aquariums).

for sure follow the directions about how to flush out the membranes and getting them started.

Marie2020

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
regular use of RO water is not that good for drinking as you're removing a lot of the minerals - are you taking a mineral supplement and do you eat a varied diet? that would be my concern.

RO water that is aquarium safe (especially for marine reef aquariums will be very clean as reefs are very sensitive to copper poisoning - i used to keep reef aquariums).

for sure follow the directions about how to flush out the membranes and getting them started.
But I'm confused on the membrane. Is the aquarium membrane the same as ro . I have the normal filters and try to take the minerals in other ways. But the chlorine in our water knocks me out the taste is like swimming pool water
Our pipes are so old too

Thank you @flowerbug for getting back 😀

flowerbug

Garden Master
Reaction score
But I'm confused on the membrane. Is the aquarium membrane the same as ro.

probably, but a link to the product would be useful to have more information.

I have the normal filters and try to take the minerals in other ways. But the chlorine in our water knocks me out the taste is like swimming pool water
Our pipes are so old too

Thank you @flowerbug for getting back 😀

you're welcome! :) oh for sure i understand if that's what you're up against. what is funny is that as a kid i really liked going to the big city where Grandma lived because she had water that tasted sweet to me compared to our well water. it did have chlorination. now i'm so used to this well water that i don't even notice the iron in it.

Marie2020

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
probably, but a link to the product would be useful to have more information.

you're welcome! :) oh for sure i understand if that's what you're up against. what is funny is that as a kid i really liked going to the big city where Grandma lived because she had water that tasted sweet to me compared to our well water. it did have chlorination. now i'm so used to this well water that i don't even notice the iron in it.
I found this membrane for human consumption and it's looking exactly the same as the aquarium filter and at a fraction of the cost.

I maybe old and have my aches and pains :old but I have high expectations of living a long life, judging how many water filters and membranes I have accumulated.

@Zeedman I need to understand the meaning of being this "organised" word you mentioned somewhere 🤔 I really am well supplied with these filters and need a warehouse to store them all

;)

Last edited:

Marie2020

Garden Addicted
Reaction score
The first houses built on the street is approximately 100 years old. Then after the 2nd WW around the early fifties my home popped up, the road below were temporary homes around 1948 but they built other properties along these roads. The water pipes were laid supplying these properties back then and pipes obviously added too accommodate the then new homes.
So there's a lot of old water pipes and Lord knows what they are made of.

Chlorine as you will all know is a form of gas and can increase heart problems, so I try too minimise my intake of it as much as possible.
Yes, I know we already have all these things in our bodies but I don't need to overdose on the this stinky stuff :sick

Dahlia

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score

We have used reverse osmosis for years for our drinking water. We have also used a ceramic filter to filter drinking water when we go cruising on our boat. The Reverse osmosis tastes the best tho! 😋

Latest posts