Watermelon Growth. *NEW PIC*

ams3651

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
like corn they like the daytime heat and night time cool. They can grow several feet in one night. I got mine in very late and I doubt I will get anything from them Its only going to be in the mid 80's here today, but feeling like 100 because of 80+ % humidity. :th

Tutter

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
OaklandCityFarmer said:
Tutter said:
It was 70's here, and I was loving it. Then, today, 109. I'm too miserable to even use an emoticon.

Tomorrow, hotter. Wednesday, hotter than tomorrow. It's 118 further north....

My power source is being overhauled, and ran into a small, but necessary part....on back order. So we got the only generator available in the area, so we had power, and while we were setting it up, it got to be 88 in the house. I'm just now feeling like I will not fall over. Between the heat and smoke, I'm becoming seriously miserable.

Oakland, I hope it doesn't get any warmer there; that this doesn't move down the state. Even the coast, which is lucky to hit 70 now and then, is expecting 80's.

OEGB, keep cool, and keep and eye on the garden. You both probably need extra fluids. That's too hot.
Wow Tutter it sounds like a horrible situation out there. Best of luck getting through it. Hopefully the heat doesn't get too high (we don't have an A/C here).

Everyone should remember to stay hydrated!
Thanks, Oakland! I sure hope you don't get hotter there! They've upgraded the temps for here, and how many days it will be hot. Yes, it's a bad situation; I wouldn't want to be the firefighters in 115 degree heat, with the low humidity we're expecting today, which is low teens, to single digits.

I feel a little more human this morning, and not ready to go the hospital, but then again, it's not super hot yet. At least I feel like using emoticons again! :rolleyes: :D

I put water in the ice box. Yesterday the water was actually too hot to be pleasant to drink. Maybe I'll make a pitcher of lemonade! :)

Stay cool!

theOEGBman

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
Thanks, Carlos! I was not aware of that, I'll have to save seeds for sure!

Tutter, Im stayin in ALL day,lol. No way are you getting me out there.

I think I would need something a little bigger than a pigeon to send you one of these, LOL! I remember my grandparents growing them when I was younger, but they never got really big.

Thanks, Dace! I planted beans with my corn and they grew too well! I hate them, Im not doing that again,lol.

I've definitely noticed the vines growing a lot, its pretty amazing!

GardenGirl

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
Wow! I never knew how fast a watermelon could grow. We planted some Crimson Sweets for the first time this year because my 2 yo loves watermelon and at $9.00 :ep each, it is an expensive fruit to love. Unfortunately, I don't think we have the right environment to grow them because our pumpkins are doing much better than the watermelon right now. So, I'll just live through your pics and hope ours will produce one or 2 of their own. :)

theOEGBman

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
I was suprised as well, GG. The watermelons my mom buys are always pretty gross, so Im hoping these will be good. My watermelons are growing a lot faster than my pumpkins, how odd.

Thanks, Chicken, its my pleasure.

Latest posts