We hit 60 today!!!

momofdrew

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
I actually got to work out in the yard...raked the mulch off my asparagas and rhubarb...:celebrate :celebrate :celebrate :celebrate :celebrate

I think Spring has sprung...most of the snow is gone from the yard...what is left is very thin I can walk over it with out sinking down now... :weee :weee :weee :weee :woot :ya

DrakeMaiden

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
No fair! At the rate we are going, it'll be May before we get to 60. :p

Enjoy it for me!

simple life

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
I don't know what the temperature was today but it was apparently beautiful out.
I missed most of it because my son was in the hospital and I stayed overnight with him but it rained overnight and was still a little gloomy this morning, but by the time he was discharged it was sunny and warmer than it has been all month.
It figures that every day we work outside it has been freezing and then the one day we don't its beautiful.
Its the sign of things to come though, spring is here and I am really looking forward to the nice weather and spending more time outside.

digitS'

Garden Master
Reaction score
It was 52F yesterday - the warmest day so far this year!

I've only got about 1 foot square of snow left in the yard but . . . there's snow in the forecast again :th!

Really, what I don't want is water of any sort. The carport roof is being rebuilt and now there's no chance to get it finished before everything in there gets wet.

I've lived here nearly 15 years and have never seen a car in the carport. It's in the backyard and . . . well, it's a good place to store the "outdoor" stuff :). It will now be a little more "outdoor" than usual.

Edited to say: I hope your son is doing okay and both of you can soon enjoy Spring, Natalie.

Steve

cookiesdaddy

Chillin' In The Garden
Reaction score
simple life said:
I don't know what the temperature was today but it was apparently beautiful out.
I missed most of it because my son was in the hospital and I stayed overnight with him but it rained overnight and was still a little gloomy this morning, but by the time he was discharged it was sunny and warmer than it has been all month.
It figures that every day we work outside it has been freezing and then the one day we don't its beautiful.
Its the sign of things to come though, spring is here and I am really looking forward to the nice weather and spending more time outside.
Simple Life: I pray things will be OK with your son and that Spring will really come both outside the house and inside your spirit!

Blessings.

setter4

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
simple life said:
Hope your son is doing ok and that you get to be outside and it's lovely!

Southern Gardener

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
The high today is supposed to be 49 after highs all week in the upper 70's. We've had tornado watches and warnings, rain, hail and high winds and 2 inches of rain all week! It's sunny today and my yard and garden is a swamp!
Spring is my favorite time of year, but I also dread it with all the severe weather that comes along with it. :/

simple life

Garden Ornament
Reaction score
Thank you to everyone for your kind thoughts about my son, he is 6 and has had croop and asthma most of his life and we can usually keep it under control but the other night it was a little scary since they could not get it under control with anything they were doing.
Apparently it was because he started out with a croop attack and then it turned into asthma so they had to address it from both angles.
It was very scary for him to not be able to breathe and he kept asking me if he were going to die, I am just so grateful to be home with him.
We stayed over at the hospital until they could get him breathing comfortably again and now we are just laying low here for this nice sunny day.
It is beautiful out today and I am going to just relax, plant some more seedlings with the kids and enjoy the nice weather and enjoy life with the kids.
Thanks again, its very much appreciated.

Baymen Moe

Leafing Out
Reaction score
Glad your son is ok Natalie. My son, also 6 has had a few bouts of croop although when he was much younger. It still required a trip to the ER though. Stay well.

It was a very nice day. I put up a short section of fence, put out some 3/4 in stone and stained two sides of the coop.

THE PEEPERS STARTED SINGING TODAY!

Bill

Latest posts