we were talking about black ice...

Smart Red

Garden Master
Reaction score
I think we should have a contest on how you should decorate yours. I vote for black and white cow
'Round here that's mostly a holstein, Nyboy, although they do qualify as purebreds in red and white as well. Few other black and white bovines can be found in south-est, central-est Wisconsin.

Here in "America's Dairland" we've had accidents (caused?) by mailboxes painted to resemble tractors and milk cows. It's not always legal around here, so checking first is a good idea.

ducks4you

Garden Master
Reaction score
East Central IL, Was Zone 6, Now...maybe Zone 5
I think you should pound in a piece of rebar in front of your mailbox. That will really mess up his car if he does it again.
My neighber/friend bought a house with a nice, decorative rustic wooden fence. His nasty neighbor decided to mow along the street next to it and destroyed part of his nice fencing. I suggested that he rebuild it with rebar so that that neighbor will mess up his mower the next time that the neighbor tresspasses on his lawn to mow.
It always bothers me to see accidents, but lately I have been thinking about the people who think that when I am driving 60 mph on a 55 mph route that they have to pass me. I verbalize my road rage, which I think looks like I am singing to the radio, and wonder when they will have their next accident. I tell them to not have it with ME. Bad habits create bad problems...like road accidents. Happy that he didn't hit a pedestrian, ESPECIALLY YOU!!
A few weeks ago I was on the interstate and the person in front of me, in the fast lane, suddenly brakes. I wasn't following close, but I was concerned that the driver in back of me was going to see my brakes and slow down, or if we were going to have a pile up. The driver in front of me had decided to use the break made for police, to use it for his own personal u turn.

Last edited:

majorcatfish

Garden Master
Reaction score
It was an accident caused by ice. Restitution was made.
A lot of people would have driven off and not admitted it nor made the repairs.
I think this story has a happy ending.

amen to that.....will have to do a little repair of the grass next spring...no biggie.

Latest posts