We Won the Bid, Bought The Farm!

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
This place is in Northeast Texas, just north of Tyler. I found a sitter for my Mom, so we can leave Sunday afternoon, drive up there and spend the night with our kids. Then sign papers Monday morning, go see our new place and come back home. Thanks for all the well-wishes ya'll!

TheSeedObsesser

Deeply Rooted
Reaction score
Congratulations and good luck! At least you'll have a chance to sit down for a while (the drive) after you pack your stuff up. I bet that you'll have fun figuring out what to plant where.

thistlebloom

Garden Master
Reaction score
Congratulations Bay! What an exciting event! The best part of all will be living so close to your family, you won't have to ration time with your grandbabies now. Very good news :)

baymule

Garden Master
Reaction score
Great news!! may your new home bring your family years of joy!! What is a double wide?
LOL LOL LOL LOL A double wide is a redneck dream home. A mobile home that is double wide--as wide as two mobile homes put together. We didn't set out to be trailer trash, but for the price, we'll blacken a front tooth and toss some broken appliances out in the front yard. Landscaping will be fun! Maybe a couple of junk cars set up on blocks with the wheels off, a toilet for a flower planter, and a spring unit from an old mattress hung in a tree for a TV antenna! :lol:

Seriously, what we are paying for it is less than what the land itself is worth. We can always build a home and sell off the mobile home, or find a place we like better, buy it and sell this place. We got a steal of a deal and we have options that we can do later.

Still have to get it inspected, there may be hidden damage that we don't know about, so it's still not a DONE deal. :fl

Latest posts